Status
Not open for further replies.

theisel

Oct 3, 2009
First off, new here, hi everyone.

Just picked up a 2001 kx250

thinking about using supertech oil it it for both mix and in the trans. that oil is super cheap at walmart.

I want to know some of your guy's experience with this oil. Was it good? Bad? Stay away? any horror stories? Personally, i couldnt imagine it being significantly different than the other oils you find in motorcycle shops. I'm mean, for the most part, oil is oil right? I've used super tech in my truck and it works just fine.

And please, im really only looking to hear if you actually have experience using this oil. I dont need/care about a bunch of people say they will never trust it or it is horrible and your engine will blow up, when they have never used it or know anyone who has used it.

thanks

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
My weedeater hates it...

lit549

Jan 11, 2010
oil isnt just oil.The cheaper ones are less refined and less additives,for heat and breakdown.I drag race a s10 with a 383 stroker.I only run good oil!!I might run that stuf in a 200000 mi kunker that I didnt care about!! ya get what ya pay for!!!

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
lit549 said:
oil isnt just oil.The cheaper ones are less refined and less additives,for heat and breakdown.I drag race a s10 with a 383 stroker.I only run good oil!!I might run that stuf in a 200000 mi kunker that I didnt care about!! ya get what ya pay for!!!

Sorry I was thinkin just premix. As a last resort, I would use the oil in the tranny. I would never use the premix, my weedeater hates the stuff, very smokey.

S10 with a 383 stroker eh... my hero LOL :cool: Was in the process of building one, got a 400 small block crank and the block clearanced. I have my dime waiting for it.

lit549

Jan 11, 2010
hell ya,cant go wrong with stroker.Although I really want to build a 434ci small block..THAT would be hell of a motor..Ya got a dime huh?Ever been to s10v8.com??

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
im a member to that site and s10forum.com

lit549

Jan 11, 2010
ya,im just member of s10v8.com.Im lit549 on there too.How weird-fellow s10-er on dirtbike forum!lol

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Don't use cheap Walmart oil.

The 2 stroke oil they sell is not designed for high revving race bike engines. It's made for weed eaters and such.

Buy your premix oil at the bike shop, that way you know you are getting an oil that's designed for your bike. Price is not an option, when rebuilding your engine due to catastrophic failure due to poor quality oil is the result.

As for what you put in the gearbox, oil is oil.. as long as you change it often.

I personally prefer Shell Rotella-T 15w40.. also cheap and available at Walmart.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
theisel said:
Maybe i should go to the s10 forum and ask my question there.

Might get what your looking for....

I know there wont be one single person recommending the premix on here. Its not designed for a dirtbike, just like Indy stated. As for their motor oil, I have ran it in my truck a couple times, truck still runs. Does the oil have any of those "energy saving" things on it?? Dad always warned me to stay away from those. Other then that it would be fine for the tranny, its about changing it often, not really the brand.

Next question??

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I seriously doubt you'll find anyone on here who has ran supertech 2t oil in their dirtbike. If they had, they wouldn't admit it. If you want to be the first, go for it. Make sure and take us some pics of your top end when you change it next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom