Are 4-stroke exhausts to expensive?

What do you think about the cost of a 4-stroke exhaust?

• I think they are reasonably priced considering the materials used and the development involved.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I think they are slightly over priced.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think they are moderately over priced.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I think they are outrageously over priced

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I'd rather spend my cash on some other modifacation.I won"t pay that much for an exhaust.

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tjswigger

May 31, 2004
I've always been a 2-stroke guy.Actually, all of us were until just a few years ago!Well after struggling with my loyalty to the 2-stroke and my weekly spanking by faster 4-strokes I took the plunge.I finally bought a thumper! Guess what ??? I LOVE IT. :nod:
Now to the Question. Which of the following choices describes how you feel when you consider or purchase a new exhaust.This includes just a muffler/silencer or complete systems.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
As a long time car restorer, I have been amazed, amused, and disgusted by the price of essentially a straight through muffler. Whether it's plain steel, ceramic coated, stainless, or titanium, I have found very little real technology compared to what's happened in the automotive world. Why someone has not applied noise canceling technology (ala Flowmaster) is beyond me, though I do realize a single cylinder engine behaves differently than a 4+ cylinder. Still, a complete, aluminunized, true dual exhaust that included 2 Flowmaster mufflers for my 1973 Z28 was less than $300. How these companies have the gall to charge $600+ for a simple one cylinder headpipe and muffler is beyond me. That people buy them is even more so (though I realize ego and bolt-on nature are factors).

Oh, and God bless the 2 stroke! I tried thumper and returned, as many have.

Top Bottom