d36RM racer

May 26, 2004
Im 18 and have been riding motocross and bmx since i was about 12 My question is are my knees going out they dont hurt when im riding but after a hard day of riding they are stiff and soar for the next few days

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
You are stressing them, as long as they heal up and you feel no pain id say your ok. No pain no gain i guess? I remembr my 1st time on a track, it was ATCO mx park. The next day my entire body was soar and my wrists and knees were stiff lol. A cool feeling imo. I work out 2-3 times a week and can run a 6min 13 sec mile and i still manage to be all beat up after the track.

Little_John

Jun 1, 2004
Sore is okay, IMHO. When you feel real pain, that's a problem. Sore comes with the territory.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Little_John

:eek:

ay2000rm125

May 4, 2004
how long have they been hurting after your rides. or when did it start. and what kind of hurt are you talking. is it sharp pains when you bend your knees or general soreness and aches. did you take a hard fall.

i know as the other said. i play ice hockey and even in games where i get hit pretty good or throw out some good hits, im somehwat sore the next day. but seeing as i dont ride that much and when i do, the next 2 or 3 days im so sore its insane. i mean bending over sore, walking up stesp sore, everything hurts. :rotfl:

d36RM racer

May 26, 2004
I have no idea how long its been like this I never really thought anything of it for a while. I just feel like im a old man its not painful. I think it all started from putting my foot down when landing on bmx jumps to keep from falling

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
You might need more recovery time between rides. Maybe try doing a couple of shorter rides per week rather than one big ride that takes you several days to recover from. Beating on your knees without allowing enough recovery time will hurt your progress, and eventually, it may result in an over-use injury.

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
As stated above, if they are just sore you are probably ok. My suggestion would be to get in the gym and work on strengthening your knees. Riding bikes (ie bmx, mountain, road) will do wonders for your knees too. I grew up riding bicycles (still ride BMX) and I don't have any knee problems (knock on wood).

Do you have any family members that have chronic knee problems? If so, keep in mind that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure (read get in the gym).

MarkSims

Feb 9, 2004
I wrap my knees (not too tight) with ACE bandages when I ride and it makes all the difference for me. You might want to try that or a sleeve (don't know what they call thoses things - they're stretchy and have a hole where you knee cap is). Also, try applying ice after you get done riding. Check walmart for a good ice pack (about 8x11 inches) that you slip into a sleeve with velcro straps. Perfect for knees.

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
i was a triathlete for 13 years, so i know about sore knees. like mark said ice. i'd add this . . . as soon as possible elevate your legs above your heart. watching tv in a lazy boy is not elevating your legs. laying on the floor with your legs on a coffee table is. ice your knees for at least 20 min. when icing you go through "cabin" (cold . . . burn . . . numb) you want to get to numb. Don't be afraid to take an advil either.

hope this helps. Btw, I rode this morning and my knees are sore . . . so in the words of our last president, "i feel your pain." (grin)

Flipurboard

Jul 23, 2004
Being sore is quite normal after a good day of riding. Before I got into riding, I used to work out a lot, and i skateboarded for 8 years. I injured everything from hip down to ankles, soreness is just an after affect. But don't judge your riding according to how sore you are. The more sore you are the more chance of hurting yourself. You want to give your body some time to heal. A couple of good things to take are general vitamins, ones without iron additives in it. Which are pretty cheap. And another good thing to take is lots of vitamin C. There about $6 in the store, find one that is about 1000 mg. The more of vitamin C your body has the better. It helps healing and soreness.
Hope this helps buddy

Top Bottom