Are there any other ladies racing the D36 Hare Scrambles?

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
I race my first ever Hare Scramble at Prairie City tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone else was? I have no idea what to expect and this "dead engine, straddle front wheel, shotgun start" has me a little worried. I keep having these visions of me dropping the bike and looking like a total ass. :eek:

Last edited:

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Looks like xy DRN's are sitting this one out.
But it sounds like fun.
Don't concentrate on your bike falling over!
Just keep seeing yourself starting and going really fast. :yeehaw:
I would love to do an enduro.
I'm really interested in a full report when you get back though.
Good luck!
fe

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Bratt! I forgot all about that Harescramble in Prairie City! After the Training Wheels Enduro got cancelled for Nov 3rd, I just wrote off riding at all, now I wish I had paid more attention!

As for the dead engine shotgut start thingy, you just gotta practice til you feel comfortable over and over. I know this is late and you're already in your race by now, so I'm also anxious to hear how it went!!

I used to practice MX starts over and over, but without the gate up. Then the first time I tried it with a gate up (not a race situation) I was amazed at how little I was prepared for what that was going to be like!! So then I practiced with the gate or just starting off over a dropped gate, and then I added one or two willing ride buds to start on either side of me to get the motion and sound effects and that helped too. My starts still lack speed, but at least I'm smooth out of the gate and I feel a little more confident about what's going to happen.

Bratt, I am still bummin' about missing this one!! One of these days you and I are going to get together and ride, girl!!

ktmchick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2002
It's a shame I didn't see this post until this morning. I was there yesterday but decided not to race because I did the cowbell enduro on Saturday and I was feeling pretty beaten up by it. My husband raced it though and the dust was insane. Lucky for him he was on the first row and got the holeshot so he got to do the first lap dust free. I feel sorry for you though cause they put the girls last. :(

Hope you did well and enjoyed it. Maybe next time we'll get to meet up!

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Well I did it....and boy was I utterly unprepared for what I was getting into. The course kicked my ass. I had a really great start then I got into the "hard" stuff. Mostly single track with alot of those darn river rocks. I think I spent more time crashing than actually riding :| I ended up with a set of bent bars, a broken clutch, dented pipe, missing exhaust spring and a knee that feels like a sack of oatmeal. I can't wait for the next one...Ok that's not true. I can wait but at least next time I will know what to expect. :thumb:

Last edited:

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Congratulations on the Hare Scramble Bratt! I am definitely interested in racing one of these coming up and am glad to hear a beginner riders view of the whole thing. It sounds like both you and your bike suffered. But, hey, it will make you a better rider. I am definitely going to have to try a hare scramble coming up!

Jennifer
DRZ250

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
Bratt,

Congats on the Ride, at least you went out and tried. Don't let it get you discouraged, remember that it is all for the fun and the chance to meet a bunch of great people. Let me know when the next one is (or the next time your ready) and I'll try to get there too. I raced the "old Crow" last spring after not racing for 12 years or so and I had a blast. But I finished 2nd so I was pretty happy with that. And belive me, I started dead last (some guy took out my front tire in the first turn) the KLX hates to be tipped over. Hope to see ya in Reno and keep up the good work!!!!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Good job! My first hare scramble was easy . . . some rocks, but no hills, no trees. Then I did the second one in ice and snow . . . not so good. Every one I've done since has kicked my butt. :( You'll get it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom