Are we killing our own sport?

Discussion in 'Land/Legal Protect Your Rights' started by Wolf, May 10, 2006.

1. Dgaspar

Dgaspar Member

How do you get your bike noise tested? These sound meters can be pretty expensive to use only once or twice. I have a two stroke CR250 and want to use it on the public trails. There is a 96db restriction and I have no idea how loud my bike. One thing for sure its alot quieter then a comparable 4 stroke! That being said I know a bit about power spectrum and noise is measured at certain frequencies which is more sensitive to the pitch made by a two stroke.

2. Tod

Tod Subscriber

Expensive for one guy, but not for a club.
    Maybe join or go visit one.

Another possiblity is to rent a meter from a local concert sound company. Most likely if you ask to rent one for five minutes in the parking lot, they will probably just go outside and hold the meter for you for free.

You will also need a tach. Chainsaw shops have the vibrating kind for 2 strokes and they are pretty cheap.

3. dan7777777

dan7777777 Member

I like quiet bikes. But why does everyone get so worked up over 2 strokes fading out?

4. ItsMaryland06

ItsMaryland06 Rookie

i couldnt agree more

5. AnydByNightRides

Road bikes in almost all states HAVE regulations as to how loud they can be. It is just not enforced. As a non-rider near a dubiously legal trail, I am sick and tired of being woken or disturbed by riders in the woods. If they were quiet enough I would not mind, I enjoy a stroll in the woods, why can't you. But when you get to the point that I can't hear my walking partner and you are still a quarter mile away, we have a problem.