Are you a member of the Broken Collarbone Club?

Are you a member of the Broken Collarbone Club?

• Yes - broke it while riding

Votes: 308 36.3%
  • Yes - but not related to riding

Votes: 65 7.7%
  • No - but broke another bone(s) while riding

Votes: 126 14.8%
  • No - but broke another bone(s) not related to riding

Votes: 108 12.7%
  • Never broken a bone (knock on wood!)

Votes: 242 28.5%

• Total voters

Gravity Worx

Dec 10, 2008
Ya, one of my worst crashes.
Riding in an area that I hadn't hit in quite some time.
Dropped a cliff only to find that some one built a fence below.
I got off the bike badly and went straight into the fence.
Broke collar bone, top front rib on left side, and dyslocated left shoulder.
That was in 03

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I've broken my metatarsal in my right hand. Those are the bones in your palms that your fingers are connected to. Hurt like hell. thats when I rode freestyle bmx. Also was hospitalized for 3 days from being a dumb kid riding a bike down a STEEP hill in shorts only. chain flew off....locked up back wheel and I flew over the bars...I was going fast so I went straight out before dropping....I dropped about 8 feet to the ground and skidded down the hill on my bare skin. My face, limbs, and whole body were one huge scab. I looked like I was covered in blood for 3 weeks.
As I waited to get x-ray'd in the hall that day...I was concious, but numb from the pain of my skin being scraped off my body...a little girl walking with her mom was scared of me and told her mom.... upon hearing this, with what energy I could muster, i instantly lifted at my waist and neck off the bed and growled at her as she walked by....she screamed and ran...was damn funny!!!hahaha I was 9 years old. I was out but they had to pick hundreds of rocks out of my skin that had punctured me. point being...ain't a collarbone....but it sure sucked!!!!!! I wrecked bicycles daily as a kid! then I learned to jump ramps....wrecked so many times that it's made me a tad fearful of full on doubles on my cr250.

motoman441

Mar 14, 2009
30 years of riding and racing.
collarbone-twice
arm-once
wrist-4 times , 2 times right 2 times left
thumb - once
ribs - three times ,once with punctured lung
knee - once with operation
lower back - once ,2 herniated disk (ended my racing career ) landed on top of someone off a double jump.

upstateny

Mar 16, 2009
12 years of riding.

Collarbone Once day and a half before I started the 2nd grade.

Fractured toes and ankle, broken fingers, many many bruises.

Stitches once (in my forehead, not riding related). Should have had yards of stitches, but never got them.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I broke my collar bone when I was 12. I fell off a horse. Long boring story..

Now I'm a member of the broken collar bone, leg, finger, toe and thumb club.

Oh yeah.. Landed on my head a number of times as a kid. Funny, that never left any sort of lasting damage. ;)

Shut it Pred! :yell:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Lol, you trying to get em all Indy?

I broke mine(collar bone) in a horse related accident as well. My sister was riding her horse with a sled tied to the saddle horn, spinning in circles. As I got going about 30mph on the sled the horse got dizzy or something and started drifting towards the edge of the field. He finally lost his footing and I smashed into a tree. It blew my hat, gloves, boots and half my jacket off, lol. I guess I was out for about a minute. When I came to I was pretty incoherant from the head trauma. They slid me on the sled and dragged me back to creek behnd the house. Somehow I walked to the house myself and got my boots and coat off. I went right up and layed on the couch. I guess my mom was trying to talk to me as I walked by but I wouldn't acknowledge her. She came up to see what was wrong and she said I had blank stare on my face and would only say short phrases. I had no clue how I got to the couch or what happened. She freaked out and went to ask my sister what happened. She ran back in and called the doctor who said to bring me in to the office. :coocoo: Yeah, I got a ride from there to the hospital in an ambulance. Broken collar bone and severe concussion as well as a bunch of bruises was the final outcome. I still owe my sister one for that. :p

plynn41

Jun 8, 2009
Catching up to Evel

No collarbones yet, but here is my list. First comes those on a motorcycle (and snowmobiles). Then comes other MVA breaks.

1. both ankles (separate dirt bike accidents with tennis shoes)
2. 4 left side ribs (snowmobile - one rib now dislocates easily)
3. right hand
4. neck (C2 -- spent 5 weeks in traction, automobile accident)
5. right wrist (skate boarding at 42 years old--stupid)
6. left hip
7. crushed right elbow
8. nose

Yes I can still walk and ride. But I'm alot more careful now.

T_Bois

Sep 13, 2009
I was passing a car when it turned left; I was doing 45mph and just clipped the left front, fender. The bike had a crash bar with hyway pegs mounted to the frame of the bike that probably save my leg. Luck was with me that night because I walked away with only a chipped bone in may thumb and twisted my ankle.

upstateny

Mar 16, 2009
I've posted here before, I also am in this club. But I've been having bad shoulder pain (on the side where my collarbone was broken) and went to the Orthopedic Surgeon, and after x-rays and such, then concluded that I have bone spurs and a torn something or other...all from that broken collar bone almost 10 years ago!!!

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
1 x K.O.
2 x Concussion
Broken toe
Broken bone in foot
Cracked wrist
Broken collarbone, and later shattered the same collarbone.
3 broken ribs
Broken back - L1 vertebrae
Broken thumb
Partially torn MCL, LCL and cartilage
Completely torn ACL

Partially damaged confidence :-)

old_iron

May 22, 2009
didnt break my collar bone but thursday last week took a nasty spill compression fracture on my t12 man dose my back hurt how long will it be like this

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Porkchop crashes at INDIAN DUNES & VALLEY CYCLE PARK

Broke the left collar bone back in 1975, a first turn collision racing friday night mx at indian dunes on a 1972 380 CZ. 8 weeks later, that same bike hurt me again :bang: racing at valley cycle park, ( formerly MUNTZ CYCLE PARK)Moorpark, Ca. same collar bone again!! OOUUCCHH!!!!
These days collar bones doing fine... Other parts showing signs of wear, but generally doing ok
Best regards, Flying Over the Handle bars porkchop.. :ride: .

ron82

Jan 4, 2010
no never broken a bone (knock on wood) i have dislocated my thumb once on a bad landing. put into a coma for a week from a head injury in 04 but i try to wear a helmet now around the blind turns

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
right ankle, left elbow hyperextended, dislocated floater rib, broken 3 ribs, several fingers, one toe, 3 concussions, knocked out teeth. ankle:trail riding, ribs:wrestling, fingers:riding, concussion 1:being an idiot, 2:being an idiot, 3:being an idiot (on a dirtbike)

In come tacks

Feb 10, 2010
Blown totally out, the xray was hilarious. They made me put my arms over my head!!! The bones weren't even facing the same way. I felt all the crap drag between the bones, never to return. Why did they even need the xray, other than for the insurance company?

Gabe12

Feb 7, 2010
I broke my Left collarbone and left wrist when i was riding around with my buddy on his fourwheeler, hit him when i was passing him. I also brusied my left leg while i wreck. I broke my finger playing catch at school. those are the only broken bones i've had. I'm pretty good at wrecking, both knee's are messed up and left hip was messed up but it quit:)

FatBiker

Apr 3, 2010
Never broke a bone but I'm not taking any chances. I'm buying as much gear as is made. I swear, I'm gonna look like Iron Man when I'm on my bike! It's been 25 years so I'm not taking any chances. :nod:

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
yes I broke my left collar bone as the result of a 100kph lawn dart of a drz400. the pitty was I had the holeshot on the locals class but was lucky enough not to get run over. The only time I needed someone else to drive me home.

Dirtjunkie85

Mar 2, 2010
I broke my collarbone while riding. It was the first bone that i have broke. I was riding with my friends and I went off the trail and ran right into this big old rock, it throw me over the handal bars and I landed right on my shoulder. I thought i was alright till i felt my bone sticking out. It was not fun. :bang:

Last edited:

crfchris450

Jun 3, 2012
broke both collarbones, left arm, left wrist twice, tore 4 ligaments in my right knee also tore my acl and meniscus tendon, broke right ankle n broke a few ribs and broke a few fingers and i think about or close to 20 concussions yeah you ride hard its bound to nip you in the ass!!

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
Wow that is quite something I hope all heals well.

I broke my collarbone when jumping right onto a sharp stone, first time trying to use that natural ramp in 4rth nice jump, bad landing technic :)

Top Bottom