Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Just got home from Cooperland and Dirtweek.
What a great week!!!

I only wish it didn't have to end so soon.
a quick rundown,

Malcom,
Larry,
Kenny,
Coop,
MSR
Tucker Rocky
"remove before flight"
KTM USA,
COTT, :bang: :laugh:
Bingo,
LINE!!! :eek:

More later when I'm awake

Last edited:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
So you're still the champ?

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
Where are the Pictures?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I want to see video of the COTT!!!

I'm really disappointed that i could not make DW04 to see it in person.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
*YAWN*

I'm out. See you guys later.

Oh yeah. . .I just got home after a 27 hour drive. I hope the rest of you make it home OK. :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Home safe ....

Didn't get out of Cooperland until 10:30 AM today. All that was left was the trailer with the spodewash for Brian to hitch up to.

:ugg: Now we have to wait 359 more days until DW '05.

More later ...

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
We left around 4am and arrived safely at home around 2pm, with a couple of incidents in between. We weren't 5 minutes on Hwy 51 when we saw sparks coming from the back of the camper. We jumped out and found that the pin that holds the bike trailer had fallen out (lost) and the trailer was dragging. well, of course we didn't have another one. As a true DRN'r would, Corky and his wife drove by and stopped. He didn't have anything for us to use but had the kindness to stop. Gnarly finally found a heavy duty tent stake and used that. We did stop at the local Walmart and bought two pins for later. We were 45 minutes from home when we realized I left my purse back at the McDonalds in Tulsa. I started calling Macs and after numerous phone calls and by then we arrived home, I got in touch with the correct one and they had it, with everything inside!!!!! should be here in a couple of days!!! Hope everyone arrive safely home!!!

mrs. Gnarlykaw
(I really need to get a DRN name)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Made it home safe. Left Cooperland about 7:15 this morning, stopped in Denton to eat at Cracker Barrel, per Tigger's request, and 2 hours later we had our food and were good to go. Note to self, never stop at Cracker Barrel in Denton on Sunday at noon!!!
Hit the house about 3:45, unloaded and cleaned the bikes & gear before ever going in the house.

Tigger says DW is too short, it should be about 3 weeks, what do ya say Okie? Why don't we go all out and have a Dirt Month! :aj:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
LOL Jeff, we'll put Tigger to work and see how long she wants it to be :)

Hit the house about 3:45, unloaded and cleaned the bikes & gear before ever going in the house.
You sir are a far better man than I. I MIGHT unload the trailer tomorrow.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Okiewan said:
I MIGHT unload the trailer tomorrow.

... and the bike cleaning is penciled in for no later than Thanksgiving weekend. ;)

... OK, I'm just bummed because my bikes aren't full of red clay stains right now. :(

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Hogwylde is home and safe after 700 miles in 10 hours. Arrived at 7am Sunday morning.

SeniorKXrider,
Where in Indiana do you live thats 260 miles farther from DW than Indianapolis?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Arrived home about 6:10 this evening. Everything in our trailer has a fine coating of orange dust on it. Wonder how that happened??! :laugh:

Mike & Mary

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 5, 2003
Mike and I made it home about 11:00 am Sunday. Just a 3 1/2 hour drive for us. The new transmission seems to be working fine. Mike washed all four bikes while I unloaded the trailer. What a great week and a great bunch of people.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
The Cajun Crew arrived around 9 pm last night. No incidents, just lots of driving. Feel sorry for Dr. Mike. He has to pack up and drive to Pell City Alabama now to start work at his new practice. I don't think I could stand to get on the road and drive another 8 hours like he is doing. You da man Doc! :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
motohead00 said:
You da man Doc! :cool:
And not just because of the driving. Dr Mike I hope we didn't keep you so busy patching us up that you still enjoyed yourself. I do believe he smiled all week and I know everyone looking up at him from the ground was sure glad he was there. Thanks again Mike :cool:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
oldguy said:
I do believe he smiled all week
You know, when I read this I thought for a minute and I can't remember a time when Doc isn't smiling. But I'll tell you one thing... this week it seemed bigger than normal. All the first timers with me this year talked about how much fun it was on the way home. I am sure it is the same with most of you, but plans were already being made for next year during the drive. :yeehaw:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Got home last night, unloaded, took the truck over to the wife at the firehouse (she needed it today) sat down on the couch and fell dead aspleep, ( I was meaning to post last night) as somebody wise said, it's heck gettin old. Now Ive got a serious case of Post DW depression :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
We rolled into the driveway at 5:00 PM last night. Unloaded some stuff, unpacked only what we needed, ordered a pizza and crashed hard. I think I could still sleep for another 8 hours.

What a great week! :)

Top Bottom