Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
At 44, I've been riding most of my life, but because of my back issues (2 deteriorating disk and arthritis), I gave it up and haven't ridden dirt in about a year and a half. But its killin me, I really miss it. I got the son a RM85 and am trying to teach him to ride and race. I finally convinced the wife that he would be a better rider, if I could ride with him. :laugh: So look what I picked up today. I figure(told the wife) if my back gives me too much trouble just puttin around the track, then I would resell it and hopefully only loose a couple hundred bucks or so if any. I don't have a manual yet, so I was hopin someone could tell me what the stock suspension settings are as far as the clickers go. Its an '06 RM250 "Carmichael Replica" :p I'm sure I will be an embarassment to the Graphics :(

Attachments

• dcp_3433.JPG
    dcp_3433.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
5 bulging discs in my lower and 5 in my neck. This past summer I got a chance to do about 6 races and some practices. Not pushing for a number of years took a while to get back. 2 days after a race and the pain was pretty unbearable. Having a hot tub in the house and 4 prescriptions rule! I have rode with the sciatic, but the numbness in the left arm is new, I have my doubts about that. Riding slower and coming up short on landings was harder on my body than riding like I know how. Nice job on the wife.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
5 bulging discs in my lower and 5 in my neck. This past summer I got a chance to do about 6 races and some practices. Not pushing for a number of years took a while to get back. 2 days after a race and the pain was pretty unbearable. Having a hot tub in the house and 4 prescriptions rule! I have rode with the sciatic, but the numbness in the left arm is new, I have my doubts about that. Riding slower and coming up short on landings was harder on my body than riding like I know how. Nice job on the wife.
Wow, that sound pretty bad. I just got over the pinched nerve in my neck that was causing the left shoulder/arm pain and the constant tingling in my left hand fingers. Thank God for short term disability. :cool: (Was off work two months)That hot tub must be nice! I'd have to do quite a bit of fence building for privacy in this neighborhood to have one of those. Us old Mxer's never die, we just fall apart and try to LOOK fast lol. :ride:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I'm sure the numbers would be scraped off onto some trees about 2hours after I started riding that thing. I'd like to get a new bike. My wife keeps telling me "no." And then she runs out to buy another $100 purse because the one she bought three weeks ago is so out of style.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Nice scoot, I've been starting to look for an 06-08 to replace my 02, either new or very lightly used. Some great deals to be had on them if you're patient.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I had my first short ride on it yesterday. I was just in a field at a friends house just to check it out and see if I needed to do anything to it before taking it to a track. I need to lean out the jetting but man! I couldn't keep the front wheel down :ohmy: The cornering seemed exceptional as well. I only rode for 5-10 minutes but I was impressed! I think I'm gonna LOVE this bike :cool:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I suffered from sciatica a few years ago. Experienced numbness on my right side. Chiropractor got me started stretching, & told me to loose some weight. I did some of both, felt better, then started riding again, when I got bikes for my daughters.

My back is better than it's been in years. I still do some stretching, irregularly. I do think it helps.

Good luck, you're in for some fun! I'd recommend that you use the bikes to motivate you; set a good example for your son. Stretch and do some conditioning. You will help both yourself AND your son, (and for life.) KW

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
2strokerfun said:
I'm sure the numbers would be scraped off onto some trees about 2hours after I started riding that thing. I'd like to get a new bike. My wife keeps telling me "no." And then she runs out to buy another $100 purse because the one she bought three weeks ago is so out of style.

Sounds to me like its time to put your foot down....

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
COMPROMISE, That is how you stay married, and not sleeping in the dog house, garage okay, but they are wise to that one.
Exactly. And whatever her definition of compromise is, is what you do lol. :whoa:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Well, to her the compromise is that she lets me keep my old bike. And I do love it and love working on it. But I still want a new one. When are you going to get to take it for a real ride??
Picture001.jpg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Wow, that reminds me why my back is killing me. Hot tub stat! Nice job on the bike. I have a friend who has one in show room condition, 40 miles on the odometer.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
2strokerfun said:
When are you going to get to take it for a real ride??
Whenever we have a Sunday in the 50's+ and I'm not working. It seems I end up working on the nice weekends so It may be spring :(

Last edited:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I'm with you. I have a two year old and work about 50 hours a week. Whenever I find myself at home by myself (rare), I ride it in a nearby field, usually for about 10-15 minutes. I only get to go riding at Stillwater track about three-four times a year.

Fox: thank, I wish I had some Fox airs on the rear. Thank god for the padding they used to put on these seats. A modern seat with the old twin Honda shocks would probably shatter a vertebrae!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
When them shocks come up they sell fast and for big money. Decent pair of shocks, I will check into. Not shattered vertebrae, compressed. I need some replacement bladders! They have complete rebuild kits for them fox shoxs, not my back though!

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Love those RC replicas!!! NICE JOB!! I'd love to get my grubby mitts on a specimen like that!! ...not that I'd do those graphix any justice either...

'Nice vintage ride as well. Cool postings all around. Report back how you lke the bike.

Top Bottom