Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
With the way people are talking it seems that Reno could very easily be a no-go (it is for me either way). With every one planning on taking that time off I'd like to offer a suggestion. How about riding Jawbone Canyon in Cali? It’s about 500 miles south of Reno. You do need an Spark arester to ride, and an OHV sticker. ($20 at the ranger station at the entrance). I'll be there from Thursday to Sunday morning. I live rather close so I can also do any runs into town as needed.

Last edited:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Kav,
Great idea, except almost everyone is staying at the peppermill. It would work though, if you coult get us a couple of chinooks, and four pilots. LOL! The only backup plan I see is ski time. And even that entails alot more jack.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
you just never know... ;)

I know that Jawbone would not have near the turn out that Reno would. I'm just tossing it out there.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
That's a good alternative plan, Kav. I was thinking that if bringing the bike was not going to pan out, I would still stay at the Peppermill and do some skiing and gambling. Maybe go visit some friends in the area. I haven't skii'd in 15 years, that oughta be fun...lol.

bushpilot

Dec 29, 1999
Back up plan

There is riding closer than Red Rock Canyon. I rode a Dual Sport event that started Topaz Lake. That only about 75 miles from Reno. The locals can direct us to close by riding I am sure.

Wayne

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom