BARE BONES: SOMETHING YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BY BONES BACON

• Thread starter Motocross Action Magazine
  • Start date

Motocross Action Magazine

BARE BONES: SOMETHING YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BY BONES BACON

On Jul 25, 2018
Last updated Jul 25, 2018

When I was a kid, my dad was a pilot. My brother followed in his footsteps and soloed, got his private pilot’s license, his instrument rating, all on the very day he was old enough to meet the FAA regulations. As a kid, I thought I was destined to follow in the same footsteps as my dad and big brother. I worked at the local airport pumping gas and moving planes in and out of the hangars. Both my dad and my brother would take me flying with them, letting me take over the controls from time to time. Then one day my dad bought a little 5-horsepower minibike, and shortly after that my brother got a used CT110 Honda trail bike. That changed the course of my life. We moved from New York to Arizona shortly after that, and all of our Arizona neighbors had actual motocross bikes. I was hooked, and from that point on, all I could think about was dirt bikes. My brother gave it one more shot at getting me hooked on airplanes when, on my 16th birthday, he bought me a flying lesson at the local airport in Tucson. I have an actual pilot’s log book with one entry in it to this…

Continues at the source..

Check DirtRider.Net for the latest MotoNews, gear reviews, How-To videos and much more.

Get your moto gear at Rocky Mountain