Reddragon

May 19, 2009
Looking to purchase the Bell MX-1 helmet. It retails for $139. I wanted to know if anyone on here has a Bell helmet or maybe even the exact model I am looking at. Any opinions?? From what I remember Bell helmets are pretty good maybe not in the same league as Shoei or Arai but good none the less.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Reddragon said:
From what I remember Bell helmets are pretty good maybe not in the same league as Shoei or Arai but good none the less.

I had the same recollection as you. I wanted my son to have a higher end helmet so I urged him to buy a Bell Moto-8 a few seasons ago. It was the worst helmet he's ever owned as far as quality control and durability.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Reddragon said:
From what I remember Bell helmets are pretty good maybe not in the same league as Shoei or Arai but good none the less.

At one time Bell helmets were the best. It was the only helmet I would wear. Bell helmets, like most everything else are outsourced now. The quality and fit have gone down the tubes. IMO, they are just like every other $100 helmet out there. If you feel your head is only worth $100, then buy a $100 helmet. IMO, the Arai is hard to beat.

Just my $ .02

Reddragon

May 19, 2009
I've been leaning towards the Fox V3 helmet after reading a bit more about the quality and features of each. Is there anywhere I can find a helmet review comparing all the models to each other??

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
I have a V3 and its been my favorite helmet so far.
Previous helmets include fox pro pilot, thor quadrant, and a cheaper hjc, and a shoei steet cycle helmet(different category I guess.)

Anyways, I really like it, and trust it. But it does say it was still made in china :think:

Top Bottom