jgh

Jul 11, 2010
Hey guys thanks in advance, I am new to the forum but I have a question for you guys that have tried them.

We race winged outlaw karts and we run the 125cc engine them, we are just getting ready to swap over and would like some opinions on which engine many of you thinks has the best power. I really do not care about the name to name thing we just want the best runner! The engine will stay wound up pretty hard so low rpm power is not a factor.

Thanks again!

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i would say cr 125 just for the reason that is one of most used so lot of parts and knowledge. maybe the yz as well.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
i have a fresh kx and as far as up top goes it pulls like crazy ..best part is that its availible... just let me know if a kx is something you could work with, maybe just what I need to kickstart my conversion..

I have no experience with honda nor yamaha 125's though so I can't say how it compares.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
World Karting Association karts tend to be Hondas and to a lesser extent, Yamahas according to my father in law who races the east coast series in 125 shifter karts. Kawi and Suzuki are rarely used.

He's using a 98 CR125 motor worked over by Boyesen.

He won the season championship the last full season he raced (now he's on a part time schedule).

If you're serious about racing, aren't you going to have the motor completely worked over? If so, then does it really matter which one you buy?

jgh

Jul 11, 2010
robwbright said:
World Karting Association karts tend to be Hondas and to a lesser extent, Yamahas according to my father in law who races the east coast series in 125 shifter karts. Kawi and Suzuki are rarely used.

He's using a 98 CR125 motor worked over by Boyesen.

He won the season championship the last full season he raced (now he's on a part time schedule).

If you're serious about racing, aren't you going to have the motor completely worked over? If so, then does it really matter which one you buy?

First, I am not new to racing, just the 125. second, yes we are serious about racing. third, yes I will rework the engine, but I would rather start with the better engine of the ones out there. There are just about every make running around here. I posted in this section because it would be best because of all the experience of the cycle riders as they have been around the 125s for years.

Thanks for all the good replies, it sounds that the Honda and Yami is the better of the bunch, that is what is the strongest round here. It is obvious that the CR is the most common but the Yami sounds good to me, kinda like to be not so common!

Again thanks for the good replies!

Top Bottom