PeterEXC520

Dec 4, 2000
Hi all,
yesterday I installed the Biggun exhaust on my KTM EXC 520. Race silencer with spark arrestor. Pretty loud and the bike heavily backfires while going off throttle. Biggun promised to send me a quieter silence for national enduros (<94db). Doesn't fit that good like the stock system does but looks pretty cool.
http://www.gp-racing.de/biggun_1.html
Peter

ripin520

Jan 15, 2001
Nice pics, so much for quieter though, hugh? Sounds like you may have to re-jet it more like an SX now instead of E/XC to get rid of the roll off back fire. Did big gun send any jetting instructions with exhaust? If not you may want to look up factory jetting in your manual for SX520.

PeterEXC520

Dec 4, 2000
Hi Ripin520,

Originally posted by ripin520:
Nice pics, so much for quieter though, hugh? Sounds like you may have to re-jet it more like an SX now instead of E/XC to get rid of the roll off back fire. Did big gun send any jetting instructions with exhaust? If not you may want to look up factory jetting in your manual for SX520.

Paul will send me jetting instructions with the new pipe. If this project bike is ready the bike type will be renamed into a KTM 520 EXS Racing to close the gap between EXC and SX model.
Tomorrow I'll perform a "longer" ride in the fields to feel if there's a difference in the performance.
Peter

KTM520EXC-R

Jan 5, 2001
Hello Peter, the photos look very good. Good luck on the jetting for the new pipes. Loud eh? or too loud?? Also how's the ARM doing? The black body work looks great, wish we cold get it here...they say soon!
wink.gif

------------------
"and if the hammers batter down your door...you better run!"
RICH
NETRA
520EXC-R
MXC 350
Pursang 250
750 Ducati(Bevel Drive)
1000R Ninja
RM80, Steve
XR80, Luis

PeterEXC520

Dec 4, 2000
Hi,

Originally posted by KTM520EXC-R:
Hello Peter, the photos look very good. Good luck on the jetting for the new pipes. Loud eh? or too loud?? Also how's the ARM doing? The black body work looks great, wish we cold get it here...they say soon!
wink.gif

Not too loud for moto cross on a closed track but much too loud for trail riding. Hope that Biggun will send me the pipe which is silent enough for trail riding soon. My arm hurts right now. I think these are the typically healing hurts
smile.gif

Peter

KTM520EXC-R

Jan 5, 2001
peter...just say IBUPOFEN...it's all a rider really needs! Am I up early or you just up late! Good news, my rt ankle is much better, a small fracture a day after christmas...that ice you know! now a real funny thing, a f@$%*&^@!ing spider bite me on the little finger! its swollen up twice the size and burns totally! this was two days ago...this morning my other fingers feel kinda funny now too. Will this winter never end? and no...I did not go to the Dr. I'll just get better or die! Good thing that spider was not as big as a mouse...it would have eaten me!:0

------------------
RICH
NETRA
520EXC-R
MXC 350
Pursang 250
750 Ducati(Bevel Drive)
1000R Ninja
RM80, Steve
XR80, Luis

PeterEXC520

Dec 4, 2000
Hi Rich,
I think you're up early. Here its now time for a good cup of coffee in the afternoon (~1600) and you should have breakfast soon with your family
smile.gif

Do you really have icy conditions at the moment? Yesterday we had a little mixture of snow and rain but now it's mild again. I hope that spring will come soon and the doc is telling me that the arm will be alright till June.
Have a nice day...
Peter

[This message has been edited by PeterEXC520 (edited 02-18-2001).]

KTM520EXC-R

Jan 5, 2001
ok its me up early! yes it's still cold...18 degs F now. a couple days ago it got warm...38F and some of the snow melted off...I had hope for a moment then we have this thing called a ground hog here, ever hear of it? anyway, soon the snow will be at a exceptible level to allow a good ride again. This week in my club's newsletter, they are promoting a kids enduro class, three days camping and instruction by some of our national enduro stars...KTM riders...so I and a friend got our older sons inrolled...its sure to be a total blast! Maybe the orginizers will let us help!!he he ...hope your arm heals 100% soon... is your girlfriend still enjoying the exc400?
wink.gif

------------------
RICH
NETRA
520EXC-R
MXC 350
Pursang 250
750 Ducati(Bevel Drive)
1000R Ninja
RM80, Steve
XR80, Luis

KTM520EXC-R

Jan 5, 2001
Peter. by the way have you ever checked out any of the trials riding? I went to a event last summer and it was realy amazing...

------------------
RICH
NETRA
520EXC-R
MXC 350
Pursang 250
750 Ducati(Bevel Drive)
1000R Ninja
RM80, Steve
XR80, Luis

PeterEXC520

Dec 4, 2000
Hi Rich,

Peter. by the way have you ever checked out any of the trials riding? I went to a event last summer and it was realy amazing...

I'm not really sure what you mean...
Maybe you could help me out...
Peter

KTM520EXC-R

Jan 5, 2001
perhaps its called something different in europe....the slow speed, over any type of obstacal, don't put your feet down type of riding?? Its main type of bikes I believe are the Bultaco, Montessa, and Gas Gas type of trials machines. Ever check it out?

PeterEXC520

Dec 4, 2000
Hi Rich,

perhaps its called something different in europe....the slow speed, over any type of obstacal, don't put your feet down type of riding?? Its main type of bikes I believe are the Bultaco, Montessa, and Gas Gas type of trials machines. Ever check it out?

Now I know what you mean. It's called the same here in europe but due to my moto-cross and enduro minded brain I didn't get it together
smile.gif

I never tried but I like to watch in on TV...
Peter

Top Bottom