mrbb

Aug 26, 2010
Ok I never used a bike hauler that fits the reciever on a truck,
so I am looking at maybe buying one, but so many models and they range from 150 bucks and up, and all look more or less the same.
so why do some cost soo much, and some so little
and then , will they hold a bike with a cap on my truck, or will the bars hit the cap,
most show pic's of trucks without, and most the bars look like they are way close or over the tailgate??
any help/advice would be great!

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
i have the $150 one that is aluminum from one of the big internet trailer/hitch dealers. the one that uses tie downs to hold it down. it works fine but i use tie downs on the bars, frame, and wheels for extra security. i have had the one of the ones that uses a jack to lift the bike up for traveling. that one is more expensive. i like the cheaper one more. i found it was faster to load the bike up and much easier to remove from the truck/store. other people like the hydraulic jack version because you can jack up your bike and work on it on the back of your car.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
My brother bought one and hauled my KX250 from NW GA to Eastern NC and back on the back of a GMC Jimmy (small SUV) with no problems. Mostly interstate driving but a couple of hours each way was back roads. It was one of the cheaper ones, I think form Sears. Load it correctly to prevent contact and you should be fine.

mrbb

Aug 26, 2010
thanks, how much room is there rally between the tailgate and bars on the bike,
I know an s10 the back window is slanted, and my cap's window is straight flush with my tailgate!

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
my suv had a slightly slanted tailgate window but i had at least a foot between to bike and the glass.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I really liked my Moto Jack Rack when I had it. Used it on my '79 Bronco and then even my '99 & '00 F250 just because it was easier than loading in bed and felt more secure (footpeg clamps). When ever I used it on my wife's '95 Bronco with an external spare I used a spool piece for the hitch that pushed the carrier far enough away to clear the rear tire. I'm sure you could buy or get on built that would do the same no matter which carrier you choose.

Top Bottom