BikeBandit is living up to its name

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I don't know why I keep going back to them.

Both my and my daughter's bikes had holes punched into the clutch cover. I had been patching them up with JB weld but when the patch popped out during a race a week and half ago I decided that new clutch covers were in order.

So:
1) clutch cover, Yamaha WR450
2) Gasket for Clutch Cover
3) Clutch cover, Honda CRF250x
4) Gasket for clutch cover (actually, 4. I didn't notice the quantity was set at 4 when I ordered).
5) Bolt 1 for clutch cover
6) Bolt 2 for clutch cover
7) bolt 3 for clutch cover
8) read Fender for WR450

I bought the bolts because the heads are a little messed up on my bike and I didn't want to get it apart and then not be able to get it back together.

When I ordered, all items were supposedly in stock for immediate shipping. Three days after I ordered I get an email saying that one of the bolts is on back order and is holding up the shipment.

After 20 minutes on the phone I get them to ship the remainder of the order.

I ordered everything late Sunday night. I received my order a week later, on Monday.

The four gaskets for the Honda Clutch cover is NOT in the box.

I contact Bike Bandit and tell them that the gaskets are missing. I was expecting an apology and an immediate shipment of a replacement gasket.

Nope. It will take 5 days to ship a new gasket.

That doesn't work, I need it by Friday.

Ok, cancel the gaskets and refund the money.

Well, they are filing a claim with UPS, and when that claim is settled they can reimburse me.

A claim with UPS? Are they serious?

A claim with UPS would be for if the entire shipment didn't arrive, or arrived damage. I got the box. The box was intact. I really don't believe the someone at UPS opened the box, stole a gasket out, resealed the box and delivered it.

Come on Bike Bandit, you screwed up! It happens. Own it, refund my money and move on!

Rod

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I have not used this company. In the past I've used mail order from companies that support this site and have been more than happy with the service. Many times the low price is not the best deal. Call Service Honda next time, they are a multi brand dealership and can provide everything that you need.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
rmc_olderthandirt said:
I don't know why I keep going back to them.

Both my and my daughter's bikes had holes punched into the clutch cover. I had been patching them up with JB weld but when the patch popped out during a race a week and half ago I decided that new clutch covers were in order.

So:
1) clutch cover, Yamaha WR450
2) Gasket for Clutch Cover
3) Clutch cover, Honda CRF250x
4) Gasket for clutch cover (actually, 4. I didn't notice the quantity was set at 4 when I ordered).
5) Bolt 1 for clutch cover
6) Bolt 2 for clutch cover
7) bolt 3 for clutch cover
8) read Fender for WR450

I bought the bolts because the heads are a little messed up on my bike and I didn't want to get it apart and then not be able to get it back together.

When I ordered, all items were supposedly in stock for immediate shipping. Three days after I ordered I get an email saying that one of the bolts is on back order and is holding up the shipment.

After 20 minutes on the phone I get them to ship the remainder of the order.

I ordered everything late Sunday night. I received my order a week later, on Monday.

The four gaskets for the Honda Clutch cover is NOT in the box.

I contact Bike Bandit and tell them that the gaskets are missing. I was expecting an apology and an immediate shipment of a replacement gasket.

Nope. It will take 5 days to ship a new gasket.

That doesn't work, I need it by Friday.

Ok, cancel the gaskets and refund the money.

Well, they are filing a claim with UPS, and when that claim is settled they can reimburse me.

A claim with UPS? Are they serious?

A claim with UPS would be for if the entire shipment didn't arrive, or arrived damage. I got the box. The box was intact. I really don't believe the someone at UPS opened the box, stole a gasket out, resealed the box and delivered it.

Come on Bike Bandit, you screwed up! It happens. Own it, refund my money and move on!

Rod

There are very few companies now that do that BS. I just had a pair of wading boots (flyfishing) that were a year old and the sole fell off. I emailed the company in Oregon and told them I did not have the receipt. All they wanted was a picture and they shipped a new pair same day! In the bike world I also had a large order thru DC Plastic and got the wrong vintage front plate. I emailed them and they sent the correct one out and didn't even want the other one back.

Top Bottom