super_mario1

Jul 14, 2008
ive searched the forums used the search bar and i cant figure out what im suppose to do can someone post pics or a video
btw its on a 1995 cr 125 i need help bad :bang:

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
i don't know of a video unless you search youtube, but I can tell you its really easy.
Start by filling up the reservoir, then take the dust cap of the bleed screw on the caliper and have an 8 mm wrench, pump the brakes up a few times 3 or four and on the last time hold the pedal down and at the same time crack the bleed screw, pedal will go down but don't let it back up, then tighten screw. repeat until all air is out. good luck.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
And if that doesn't fix it, you may have some bad seals inside the master cyl. Rebuild kits are available. Your bike's old enough that that could be a possibility. Signs to look for will be... still no pedal/lever pressure even after attempting to bleed.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999

jdager

Apr 26, 2008
buy speed bleeders, about 15 bucks off ebay, and worth their weight in gold, makes bleeding them a cinch. I just fought with this for a while, so I can give you a few pointers of where I screwed up
1. start by filling the master cylinder with a good, appropiate, new brake fluid, make sure you always keep it filled up throughout the process, otherwise you will suck in air and have to start over
2. start at the master cylinder bleeder (where I screwed up), it is where the hose connects the the MC. put a towel over it, fluid comes out with a lot of pressure, pump lever 3-4 times, and keep it held down while you crack open and then quickly close the bolt. repeat this 4-5 times, while watching the level of fluid
3. move to the bleeder screw on, do the same thing, pumping the lever, holding it down while quickly opening and closing bleeder screw. couple of pointers here, put a tube on the end of the bleeder screw for the fluid to go into, this prevents air from getting sucked back in, and lets you see how much air you are getting out. speed bleeders are awesome here, because you can open them and just pump the brake lever for force out fluid, then an internal valve closes to prevent air from being sucked back in when you release the lever. makes it very easy to do yourself.
4. when you are done, fill up the master cylinder and replace cap.
5. if you havent built up pressure and got better brake feel by this point, you probably need to either rebuild your master cylinder (most likely), or replace your brake caliper (what I had to do).
let me know if you have any questions

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
super_mario1 said:
i found links i just didnt understand what to do
If you don't understand the info in the threads that Oldguy pointed out then I suggest you have someone else bleed the brakes for you.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
The best way is to get the air bubble out is to go up. Since that what air bubbles do naturally.
1. Get a syringe.
2. Suck out the reservoir.
3. Fill the syringe with new fluid.
4. Connect the syringe to the brake and fill the reservoir. Be careful not to inject air bubbles that may be in the syringe.
5. Repeat 2-4 until you get good feel. :cool:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I can't figure out how you would connect the syringe to the brake bleeder without getting an air bubble.

If the syringe had enough volume so you could force this bubble all the way up to the master cylinder it might work, but it seems like more work than it is worth.

Rod

jdager

Apr 26, 2008
the reverse flushing works pretty good too. you can go to a store and get a 30 or 60 cc syringe, which holds plenty of volume, quick and easy

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
rmc_olderthandirt said:
I can't figure out how you would connect the syringe to the brake bleeder without getting an air bubble.

If the syringe had enough volume so you could force this bubble all the way up to the master cylinder it might work, but it seems like more work than it is worth.

Rod
Actually it is quite easy. On the one I made I used aquarium air tubing and I safety wired one end tight on the syringe
1)Then I fill the syringe by drawing the NEW brake fluid in through the tube
2)Once it is full I then push the plunger in until the fluid is even with the end of the tube and carefully force it over the bleder so air does not get in
3)With it on the bleeder I can then open the bleeder force some fluid in (until the reservoir is full) then quickly shut the bleeder while still holding moderate pressure on the plunger so fluid does not back flow.
4)Take a suction bulb and remove all the fluid from the reservoir and repeat 3 a couple times.

I will hit the garage and shoot a couple pictures of what I made to do the job

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
here is what I made and have been using for 5 or 6 years now

Attachments

• IMG_6359.JPG
    IMG_6359.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 138
Top Bottom