RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
Ok bike is 1985 rm 125 bored to 133cc, took it out today started up after about 5 kicks cause i always drain the carb dry before i store it, now while running it was bogging in neutral and when put it in gear it shut off but fix that issue, while ridding it was boggy and would really go, once i hit the powerband and it popped up on me i just up shifted and kept going. anyu ideas on this issue?

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
Could be a dirty carb, could be a leaking crank seal, sticky power valve, plugged exhaust, partially fouled spark plug, plugged air filter. Start with the simple things first. Is the fuel fresh ? Draining the carb for storage is not good enough. There is always fuel left in the bowl and passages that you can't drain out. You should always use a fuel stabilizer to prevent gum and varnish deposits from forming in the carb. These deposits can cause poor engine performance, or even cause the engine to not start at all.

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
Carb was cleaned, power valve didnt come in til about 87-88 exhaust is not plugged, just changed plug and air filter is new and the first time im using it, i store my bike indoors (basement storage unit) so thats why i drain it and it only sits for 24-48 hours between use...

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
the plug is slightly shiny, and it did run well when i first got it running im going to check the needle position either today or tomorrow i may have to move the clip position.

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
Ok figured out the issue, the air adjustment screw was out of wack, it was WAY TO FAR in, but i need to replace it cause the previous owner damaged the head of of it but i was able to back it out some, test rode it today and it just bogs on take off and it smooths out while riding.

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
Today my bro in-law had someone come by and helped me with my bike, came to find out he was a retired factory rider who now does dirt oval, he pointed out stuff on the that only pro riders had, im very interested in finding out more about this bike.

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
All set, my bike was setup to run like that, it has all top end and very little bottom, once i figured it out it was like a death ride.....

Top Bottom