_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
What do you guys like running for mx and woods? I'm not as concerned with pad life as I am strong, progressive feel. It's not very often we get into REALLY muddy stuff, but this is the North East so our trails tend to be a bit wet, not usually to the point of caking up the rotors though. The stockers seem to be losing some power, so I figured I'd see what works for some others. ;)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Ummm, what "red" pads? I see the EBC "X" series carbon pad has red backing, are those what you mean? I'de like to try pads before going w/SS lines.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
They were sintered pads. They were red backed. Past experience with the kevlars was they ran hot and cracked, and the same with the metallic pads. Less metal the better. The sintered tore up the rotors, but stopped great and very reliable. But this was an A-class maniac, extreme torture! If that X series is the newest pad, "product of the year", then it will be a month or so before I get my hands on them to test. I have a little project coming up. And talk about opening a can of worms, ebc's website said I needed some xls file extension, and found some damn virus from myspace, well I have some maintenance to do! Oh, and you will never get back that solid feel till you replace your old brake lines. You would be surprised just putting new oem's back on. They get weak spots and bubble. Not a lot, but the pistons do not push much fluid either. A fast bike is useless if it can't stop on a dime.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
have you tried stock honda pads? I have had very good luck using them. i have even converted my yz to a full honda front brake system.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
jake949 said:
have you tried stock honda pads? I have had very good luck using them. i have even converted my yz to a full honda front brake system.
Uhhh, yeah, that's what came stock. I tried breaking the glaze on the rotors and bleeding before our ride on sunday and they seemed a bit stronger. I plan on swapping pads soon as the stockers are starting to look like cork.

Top Bottom