Indy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2002
I broke my ribs in the left back side two days ago.

I have been going for walks to stay active - anyone have any ideas for exercises to do while lay-ed up?

FWIW - Sneezing is downright unpleasant.

Indy.

Mar 18, 2006
I did mine about 2 months ago. You're right, sneezing is very unpleasant. For me it turned into subdued laughter. I'm all good now. You will be too, soon. It usually doesn't take too long for those ribs to heal. I did my right side wrestling a calf, and then did my left about six weeks later riding my bike - correction - crashing my son's bike. Exercising with broken ribs, I don't know. Like you said, walking would be good.

The riding is almost over here in northern Alberta, so you won't be missing much. Better broken now than 3 weeks ago.

Get well soon!

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Im in the same boat your in, talking deep breaths is most important to regain your rib cages flexability, so just take deep breaths, thats what they told me anyway as far as exercising goes you do have broken ribs so stretching and breathing is most important

bonitz

Aug 20, 2008
When i broke mine i found that my kidney belt put just enough pressure on them to make it somewhat comfortable. It also helped get rid of the huge hematoma. ;)

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
just take the deep breaths dont sneeze and take it easy
and stay away from the braces they can cause more harm than good. the breathing is more for keeping fluid from building up in your lungs 9 borken ribs lol some in 2 places
you will know when you can exercise

Indy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2002
Work Accident. Stupid (me).

This would be way easier to deal with mentally (not that it's devastating) if I would have cased a jump or had some other bike relate accident. :coocoo:

Indy.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom