YZ RACER 260

May 5, 2004
Last weekend was the motocross race at bunkerhill mx. Delta, UT. Who went? I went, it was my second time racing, and entered the bbb 1 class, My class had 35 people. The first race, I grabbed the holeshot, led the race for a while than went down and My entire clutch ripped off. I had to leave, and found a near parts shop in delta, and fixed the bike for the next race. I got the worst gate pick since I diddnt finish the previous race, but still popped out into the top ten. I worked my way up and finished for a 6th place. Wasnt special, but was impressed with my first holeshot! :thumb: . Anybody else got bunkerhill stories? :eek:

fnengineer

Apr 30, 2004
I don't have any stories, but I would have like to have made it to that race.

I haven't raced for many years but I would like to get back into it. Where do you ride? I am looking for people to ride here in Utah so I can get back into racing.

thanks

rwhitlock

Dec 11, 2002
ok.. flame suit on..

What is the bbb 1 class?

I am a total goober when it comes to mx racing. Never done it. I have riden lots and like to ride the single track mountain trails.

I have been wanting to try a race, just deathly afraid of jumping. Love the corners, off camber and all..

When is the next one, I'd love to watch.

Thanks,

Rod

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
BBB = Big Bike Beginner. It was previously known as the sportsman class previously I believe.

You may actually enjoy that class if you are not keen on big air as they actually doc you points for doing doubles or triples. Delta is really the perfect track to have your first taste of racing on as well because it is just so wide and open - easy to avoid the pileup potential.

GL

rwhitlock

Dec 11, 2002
Thanks for the info.

I take it I could ride my CR 500 in that class?

I was out there a year or so ago to ride around the track on a practice day. I had a great time. Followed behind an old guy on an xr 600. Figured I could do what he did :laugh:

I have heard they made a few changes to the track. I will have to check out their website to see when the next one is.

Basically, I would be looking for the class for middle aged men (read 37 years old here) who have never raced before.

Thanks,

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom