Cajun Classic 100 (Round 2 National Enduro)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
There seems to be a large number of DRNers who either will be attending, are considering attending, or should be considering attending this event.  So, I thought I'd start a thread with all of the details regarding the event so we can coordinate.

Maybe we can work it out where a bunch of us send in our entry forms with certain row requests and we can end up with a couple of rows of DRNers together.

Obviously, I'm planning on racing this event.  (It's already on the calendar, and I have spousal approval!  :thumb: )  Here's a list of the usual attenders:  Lemming, KDXFile, Lawman, Neely,  Sharp, 121 and all of his different personalities.  Who else?

Here's who either is or should be considering attending:  TTRGuy, 23Jayhawk, maybe Woodsrider, and some others.  Who else is interested?

There's a certain person who shall remain nameless (Mikeb) who said that he wanted to try an enduro, and has recently purchased a KTM.  I'm still waiting to hear back from him.  I'm sure Patrick will attend in nameless Mikeb goes.

Here's the linke to the flyer:

event flyer:  http://sera.dirtrider.net/ACADIANAentry.pdf

If you have questions about the event, post them to this thread.  We'll find the answers.

Bfaster

Aug 26, 2002
I can promise you guys, it will be better than the 01 event. We have been working every weekend on trails. You will see plenty of single track. Approximately 62 miles for the short course and 95 for the long course. I will be getting the roll chart out in the next few weeks.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Woohoo!!!

Thanks for the update Bfaster.  Keep posting all updates to this thread. 

This race is going to be great!  Lets just hope that the weather cooperates.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
team mempho will be there, in full battle mode, resplendent in our new gear & with our new bikes, to test our mettle against bfaster's devilish course. mikeb & others in mempho have a standing invite to go with us, so there really is no excuse. & nevadasixx, weren't you talking about doing 1? same thing goes for you. this will be 1 of the few sera enduros we'll do this year, we'll be concentrating on bjec for '03 (no more running 2 circuits in 1 year!).

Bfaster

Aug 26, 2002
Lawman, looking forward to seeing Team Mempho and co. Cannonracer, sorry about the date, the AMA picked not us.

See you on the trail.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Cannonracer
Yall can destroy a good supercross weekend can't yall!!!!!!

Yep, I know guys in Birmingham who are trying to unload their Atlanta SX tickets.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
gnarlykaw's PM box is full.

Here's the reply to your most recent PM to me:

I'm not sure what class he's (23jayhawk) signing up under.  I was going to post some more information to the thread tomorrow morning.  One of the things I was going to discuss was classes.  You guys should be able to pick whatever class you want, because you don't have any enduro experience, and you aren't racing for any points.  You guys will want to pick a short course class for sure.  That way you only have to ride about 65 miles.  For you I would think that C Sr. would be good.  Look for my post tomorrow morning.  What I'm going to do is have everyone who wants to ride on the rows together mail their entry form and check (made out to the sponsoring club) to my office.  Then, I'll staple them together and send them in to the race.  That way, we're assured that we will be on the same rows together.

This is going to be big fun!!!   :thumb:

Lawman,

Have you heard from Mikeb and/or Patrick?  Do you have full rows already set up?  Where do you guys usually ride? 

I rode on row 63 at this race in 2001.  I think I rode row 7 or 12 in '99.  I'm sure I rode row 50 back in '95.  We usually ride around 10-15.  I'm thinking about requesting somewhere between 45-55 for this race.  No since putting these first timers in front of Row 20.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Tim, I've got approval from the CFO so count me in on this. I'll send the paperwork to you rather than the Acadiana guys. I was planning on C-Senior, but the flyer indicates I need to also check an AMA class. Does that apply to the special (short course) riders?

Glad you aren't going to put us in front of Lafferty and Hawkins on our first enduro. :)

Wudsracer

Aug 23, 2000
I make my debut in the B-Masters class this year. I met the qualification just two weeks ago.

I'm planning to come down and ride. I'm going ot try to talk Reggie into riding with me on one of the last rows. The atmosphere is more pleasant back there. Less hurried. The slow people are usually pretty slow, and the faster ones stay on their minute, out of the way.
Also, this way I won't have to wait too long for the sweep riders to get there if I get stuck. <G>

Jim
GasGas250

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey tim,

have not heard from anybody, they must be laying low. will see if i can get them to say.

i don't think we have a full row, the guys we usually row up with at sera races are in that club. so far as i know (our team manager, jerry, handles the entries) we just have 2 so far. he was talking about asking for around row 22 or so.

we usually ride on private land in the memphis area. there really are no legal public places in the immediate vicinity. the closest legal public areas (that are worth doing) are holly springs n.f. in ms, & natchez trace state park in pontotoc, ms. my crew & i almost always ride on private land we have access to around here. mmc has privileges at several properties, & we have access to another place. if you are going to get this way, email me at jbranson@jglawfirm.com

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Tim,
cool! I will mark AMA and the 40+"C" class under special classes? Right? Then all I need from you is a address to send it to........
yeah, you are right, I think a 65 mile loop is enough for my first time out in this. Will you be able to pair me up with a seasoned rider in my class?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Ok,&nbsp; so here's who said that they are in for sure.

Me, TTRGuy, 23Jayhawk, and Gnarly.&nbsp; If no one else wants to hook up with us, then I'll just send that in as a row and be done with it.&nbsp; I'm surprised that we haven't heard from Lemming, KDXFile and Neely.&nbsp; I have another friend that I can use to anchor a row, but he's on the fence as to weather he's going to go.&nbsp; He already has Atlanta SX tickets so I'll try to find out from him for sure.

I'll post my address tomorrow morning from the office.&nbsp;

Lawman, we'll just see you and your guys at the race.&nbsp; On 22 you'll be wedged in there with the REALLY Fast guys.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
tim: yeah, well, my buddy jerry made AA this year, so now he's REALLY got the big head--you can't tell him nothin'. i will be riding sr. b, so i imagine i'll be pulling over all day. we aren't planning to run sera for points this year, unlike last year when we did both sera & bjec as much as possible, so it seems to me that we could just as well get on the very last row, but i think he wants to see how he compares to the pros. i'll just be trying not to be a roadblock.

on another note, are you going to natchez for the awards banquet? i will be there, but since he didn't win in sera, i think jerry is going to pass on that 1 for spousal reasons (he won the A class in bjec).

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Ok,

For those of you who would like to ride on our row (s) or together as a group, please send you completed entry form, and your check to me.&nbsp; I will then staple them together and send them in.&nbsp; My address is:&nbsp; Tim Roberts, Arbitron INC. 3500 Colonnade Parkway Suite 400, Birmingham, AL 35243

I intend to mail the entries in on Monday January 20th.&nbsp;&nbsp; Please have your entry here by then.&nbsp; Post to this thread when your entry is in the mail.

<P dir=ltr>Thanks.

Last edited:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Dang you were serious. I really thought you were just pulling my chain. You want to drag a newbie out to a NATIONAL for a FIRST ENDURO ? .. You must be nuts. .... I am out ... I have to work that weekend, plus its only a few days before wife's Bday. I know, I know ... all talk and no action. Maybe one day I will quit being a wuss and show up.

&nbsp;

Eddie, if you want to break the drive in half you are welcome to stay at my place.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
MIkeb - I think a National enduro is an excellent place for a newbie.&nbsp; Tim has the right idea with a later number.&nbsp;

Last year Napper (aka Michman) rode his first enduro at Harrison, MI.&nbsp; He&nbsp;rode on minute 62, had&nbsp;a great time and went home with a trophy!&nbsp; We may have created a "monster".&nbsp; He is looking to ride 4-5 of the National enduros this year.&nbsp; Cooperland will not be the only road trip for the Michigan Trail riders.

Top Bottom