Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I was wondering where we will get wood for the campfires. I don't really feel like hauling it all the way from Ohio. Does anyone know of a place that sells firewood nearby. Someone could go get a large trailor full and collect money from every that uses it.

I myself like large bright fires.

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750
Doin a wheely between a rock and a hard place.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Don't worry about it, I still have a lot of firewood left over, and it isn't the type I can use for heating my house. I am sure others will bring some too.

Mully

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Jewell:
[B I myself like large bright fires.

[/B]

Hehehe - Stand back and watch the master! Thump - keep your eyes open for any downed telephone poles for me
smile.gif

FYI - as to the avatar - I am more like an ANTI-Smoky Bear
smile.gif

------------------
2000 TTR250
TTRGuy’s Picture Page

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Jewell, send a check to Aberdone... I think the guy brought about a rick last year. Then he went home at night! Needless to say he didn't load up as much when leaving Sat.
tongue.gif

------------------
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000

Yeah...... I've been know to make small fire tornados with a small hole filled with gas and alittle wind. I think a couple bigger fires there would be better than a bunch of little ones. I just can't wait to see how it all goes down. Camping/partying is half the fun.

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Jewell,
Last year there was a "main" fire at the supreme PoohBaah's condo on wheels area (you guys know who you are
tongue.gif
), then another one in the "slums" for the real late night benchracingarama fest. It seemed that those of us who brought fire wood, did so by leaving something else at home .... So, just bring a little extra of something else (Deoderant for TARAKER, would be nice!
tongue.gif
), that you think could be usefull to all. That is pretty much how it was last year...I must commend everyone that attended, on there abillities in SHARING, right down to Zip-Ties!
smile.gif

wrench
MWSF'00 True Spode

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 03-29-2001).]

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
NO BUD LITE. Watered down stuff. I should have some extra room in the pickup this year so I'll try to bring a bunch of fire wood. Got a big stack going to waste.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
How can it be wattered down if it has the same alcohol content. Your saying if someone broght a keg you would'nt have a free one. I'll be happy with the Beast.

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy:
Hehehe - Stand back and watch the master! Thump - keep your eyes open for any downed telephone poles for me
smile.gif

smile.gif

Never fear, if TTRGuy is coming there will be fire, even if it is burning a creasote(sp?) railroad tie that was drug out of the river bed and smells like a monsoon. At Munster we actulally got the fire so hot it melted glass bottles(that were of course already in the fire pit)

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
I intended to come to the Spodefest for sure on Friday and Saturday. I only live about 35 minutes from the SF. I will plan on being there the first night of the event also (every night if I can be) and I will bring a load of good firewood for everyone to share.

I'll make sure I make it there the first night, so rest easy about the fire wood. I've been cutting and splitting some good oak that was cut down last year on my property by the electric company. I figured I would sell it next fall but I can donate a load to the Spodefest. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Monkey Butt

RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
I can supply the tapper if we should happen to need one for the Kegs !

Originally posted by Jewell:
How can it be wattered down if it has the same alcohol content. Your saying if someone broght a keg you would'nt have a free one. I'll be happy with the Beast.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
If you combine the "tapper" with that WHITCH'S brew that AJ and Jeremy was passing around the fire last year ... we may not need any fire wood!
tongue.gif

wrench

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
MMM Good Firewater!!

AJ's specialty!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Hey what can I say! good stuff

Rod Grove

Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by Monkey Butt:
I intended to come to the Spodefest for sure on Friday and Saturday. I only live about 35 minutes from the SF. I will plan on being there the first night of the event also (every night if I can be) and I will bring a load of good firewood for everyone to share.

I'll make sure I make it there the first night, so rest easy about the fire wood. I've been cutting and splitting some good oak that was cut down last year on my property by the electric company. I figured I would sell it next fall but I can donate a load to the Spodefest. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Monkey Butt

Hey Monkey Butt, Ill burn your fire wood! Does any race gas come with that?

Quote from Cave Rod--{ummmm fire good!!!!} Tell Bonnie Hi!------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod Grove (edited 04-25-2001).]

Top Bottom