Can you put a electric start on a 2006 YZ450F?

skos

Jan 24, 2009
Can you put a electric start on a 2006 YZ450F?

Also how hard is it to put an aftermarket kick stand on one?

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Yes

Easy as pie, IMHO

skos

Jan 24, 2009
Actually, I found out that you have to use a WR450, remove and dismantle both motors, switch your crank, clutch transmission cylinder and head from the YZ motor to the WR motor, install the WR motor in your YZ. Switch the WR wiring harness into the YZ,

skos

Jan 24, 2009
Actually, I found out that you have to use a WR450, remove and dismantle both motors, switch your crank, clutch transmission cylinder and head from the YZ motor to the WR motor, install the WR motor in your YZ. Switch the WR wiring harness into the YZ.

I rode a YZ125 for years. It is a fun bike but my main riding buddy is at expert skill level and I am a advanced but by no means expert. Our main trail is also where the ?Red Bull Last Man Standing? was in. It is Red River Motorcycle Trails, located in Bulcher, Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZgSrdovY8g

He grew up down the street (lucky *******) :bowdown He has been riding there for the last 30 years. I get to ride the same stuff as the best riders in the world have. We go out for about 2+hr rides at a time and a couple of time you get stuck (it?s worth it).

I just upgraded to a YZ450F. All I can say is ?Oh my God?!! It was so much work on the YZ125, now almost effortless on the YZ450F. Also it came with a Rekluse clutch. Did not think I was going to like it but it is pretty sweet!

GoldDrum

Aug 5, 2009
IndyMX said:
Seems it might be a little easier to just ride the WR...

Agreed.....

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I have owned both a YZ and currently own a WR...I am curious why you would want to install an electric starter on a YZ?

SKOS
I just rode RRMT yesterday...its rated the #1 trail in TX for a reason...good riding up there.

Top Bottom