RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Who would like to be part of a caravan from NY to the ’01 Spodefest? I am planning on going (still need the wife’s blessings
frown.gif
) and would rather travel in a group. Besides, it would be a lot more fun. Post here and we will see what kind of interest there is. Depending on where it is this year we can hook up with others along the way. The bigger, the better
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

LoriKTM,
I sent you an email about this but forgot to add my DRN name, sorry. I figured this would be a good way to get something started.

Dave

------------------
I don’t have a riding problem...I ride, I fall down...NO PROBLEM!!

MX221

Jul 21, 2000
I probably won't be able to caravan with you, but I tell you what, how about me just meeting you there?

Shane

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey Dave,

Didnt see this post before i posted on the main one. I'll gladly join in on your caravan. I live in Brookville, PA (about 1000yards from I-80). Not sure how your coming down from New York, but would love to hook up either on I-80 or wherever you drop down into PA or OH. Let me know!

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Tree jumper (edited 01-06-2001).]

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
From upstate NY,....Rt84w to 81s, then down to rt 80west. Then 76s down to I 70 west. Thats the way we went last year, all good except for Cinn area, sucked. Northeast caravan sounds great! count us in,(one motorhome w/enclosed trailer and one Suburban with a two bike trailer in tow) Smiling all the way
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer:
Ooh, yeah! Bring the yellow bikes...we had a few mudholes we needed to fill in!
tongue.gif

Now wait a minute! Mud?? No one told me there was going to be mud! Well I don't know now?? Of course I assume they will be taken care of before we get there! Hmmm.
rolleyes.gif

------------------

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Shaw520, looks like the best place to meet up since you guys will be running south of I-80 is Washington, PA. From what i can see is I-70 runs right past there, wont know for sure til i buy an atlas. That or i'll have to meet up with you guys in Columbus, OH (actually shorter distance for me). We'll have to discuss things as september gets closer. Plus need to know where it will be, might change the route some.

I'll be glad to have a group to travel with since it looks like i'll be the only one in my group, unless i get a GF or talk some of my friends into going too.

Thanks!

Chuck

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
If Casey is the location again...me and wifey will join you guys...coming from Va., we pass thru PA and Ohio aswell.

[This message has been edited by MotoXsparx (edited 01-07-2001).]

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Tree jumper, MotoX,
Columbus, Ohio is a good spot to meet, I believe we go right through there!
smile.gif
Would be cool to pull in the fest with 6-8 rigs!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave, I got your e-mail, and figured it was from you! I just need to convince my husband to spend vacation on another Spodefest!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Shaw520, Columbus sounds good to me! I'm still working on getting my friend to go, depends on whether he gets a job after college and can get the time off. I'm going no matter what.

Chuck

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
This is looking good. I’m glad Shaw520 has been there before and has an idea of what route to take. I hope they have it in Casey because OK would be too far for me. I’m working on a few more guys from my neck of the woods to come too. Aren’t there some members in central NY?

Shaw520,
Did you drive straight through (one day)? I prefer that but was curious what you did last year.

------------------

Dec 23, 1999
Well since you are coming right past my house(N.E. side of Columbus)depending on time and day I might tag along.

------------------
Dennis                                            Col Oh
99husqvarna wr250

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey Dennis, that sounds good. It'll give me someone to talk to while we wait for the train to arrive!

Chuck

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'll be living in the Albany area by then. Count me in on a caravan.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Tree Jumper, We drove straight through, stopping only for food and "facilty" Took us 17 hours from central NY,(just south of Albany) Not a bad drive when you can switch off with someone. Woodsrider, Lori, sounds like this train is getting bigger, COOOOOOOL!!

Coop

Jan 21, 2000
Keep me in mind to. I don't know if I'll be able to swing it, but I'm just South East of Pittsburgh.

I haven't heard to many people from this area say they were going yet. It's still really early and I'm sure most people are waiting to see where it's at before committing.

Coop

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OK Y2k_CR_rider. Welcome to DRN (finally).

Have you cleared it with the boss yet? I haven't even broached the subject yet with mine! How about I tell mine you won’t go unless I do and you tell your wife I won’t go unless you do. OK? Guilt always seems to work.
biggrin.gif

------------------

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Hey all. I have full intentions of going. I'll bet I-70 will be the happining road. I'll be getting on at Dayton. Along with the Ohio caravan. (yet to be formed) Sounds like a new post to me!

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
The I-70 Caravan sounds like it may end up being a long one. I'm located in eastern OH and I can hear the traffic headin west on 70 from my front porch.

If I can pull this off and make it to Spodefest '01, I'm sure to be the envy of all my peers.
wink.gif

Dec 23, 1999
5 from N.E. side of Columbus to Casey. 900 mi to Stillwater Ok.

------------------
Dennis                                            Col Oh
99husqvarna wr250

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey you guys/gals, someone (we’re still tracking him down) challenged the TX caravan to a caravan size contest. I know we can beat them so lets show them how it’s done
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Looks like it’s a go for Casey!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I got the wife’s blessings yesterday so I’m in for sure. I’ll need to get my riding buddy to fully commit (he’s got the camper) but I thinks he’ll be going.

What date is everyone leaving on? I know Shaw520 will be leaving on Tuesday and that sounds good for me.

Shaw520, do you come down I88 to I81? If you do then we could hook up in Binghamton.

Top Bottom