carb overflowing periodically just sitting

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
well I walked into the garage getting ready to work on my CR125 I noticed a almost foot wide wet mark under the bike. After getting ready and starting to get things together. I saw fuel dump out the overflow. Thinking my float is set to low, any tips on how to change the float level. or does that mean its set too high? and the float is all the way up but valve not closing???

BruceDeuce

Feb 21, 2013
ojasia said:
well I walked into the garage getting ready to work on my CR125 I noticed a almost foot wide wet mark under the bike. After getting ready and starting to get things together. I saw fuel dump out the overflow. Thinking my float is set to low, any tips on how to change the float level. or does that mean its set too high? and the float is all the way up but valve not closing???

Check the hole the float guide is in and clean it out. Make sure its moving in and out easily.

argclh6670

Jan 27, 2013
Super easy to set the height. Too low set, would make it over flow. Clean Carb real good, make sure all passages are clear including. The jets. May want to check rubber tip on fuel needle too.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Turn your fuel petcock to off, let the bike run for about one more minute, then park it.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If you are not experiencing any other engine issues, do what Mully said, turn off the gas. If you are having other issues and need to pull the carb, then fix it, otherwise, ride more so you don't have gas left in the tank, ;)

Top Bottom