1. MODERATOR NEEDED!
    If you have a good deal of RV / Camper / Trailer knowledge and want to help out the community by moderating a new forum here on DRN, please message me. Industry pro's are welcome.

Carb vent hose routing.

Discussion in 'Bike Mods, Performance, Maintenance & Repair' started by *william*, Aug 9, 2001.

1. *william*

*william* Rookie DRN Member

On all the three bikes we've had in the past couple years, I've re-routed two of the four vent hoses, usually under the seat. I did this on my DRZ because it would sputter/stall in a water crossing deep enough to dip all the vents at the same time. So I want to do this on my YZ125 (off-road project), but is it okay to route these into the airbox? On my other bikes I could avoid the airbox but still be under the seat - kinda. Will the air intake velocity cause a weird pressure difference in the carb with the vent so close? Does this make any sense? I'm I worried about it too much? :eek:

2. marcusgunby

marcusgunby Lifetime Sponsor

You are worrying too much -it will be o.k to route them under the seat.:)
  3. *william*

*william* Rookie DRN Member

As usual! Thanks Marcus. :cool:
  4. DMATT125

DMATT125 Rookie DRN Member

pc racing sells a vent kit that mounts in the airbox for only $15.99 with filters.