cloverdale

Mar 4, 2000
I have been diagnosed with severe carpeltunnel in both hands. My suregeon starts to slice and dice on Monday. I am interested in any information on the subject. How long before you could start riding? How long before your hand strength was improved? Did it make a big difference in reducing arm pump?
I am already aware of the Dowd/Roncada stories. In my case I can barely type anymore!

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
I have found that if I greatly reduce handlebar vibration my carpel tunnel goes away after a few weeks. Riding with a lot of vibration brings back carpel tunnel in a few days.

zsr

Mar 17, 2001
My wife had the op and fully recovered in about 6 weeks. Just don't have both hands done at the same time unless you have someone willing to wipe your butt for a week or so :eek:

------------------

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
IT'S GREAT TO KNOW THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM. I WAS DIOGNOSED WITH C.T. IN MY RIGHT WRIST LAST YEAR. ANYTHING OVER 10 MINUTES ON THE BIKE AND MY RIGHT WRIST WOULD GO TO SLEEP. TALK ABOUT A CHALLENGE TO FINNISH A MOTO OR H.S.

I FINALLY GOT IT FIXED 3 WEEKS AGO. 1 WEEK IN A CAST AND VERY LITTLE USE OF THE FINGERS. GOT THE CAST OFF AND STARTED TO USED THE HAND A LITTLE AT A TIME/ WRIST FELT WEEK AND COULDN'T LIFT ANYTHING REAL HEAVY FOR AWHILE. SLOWLY MY STRENGTH RETURNED. RIGHT NOW AFTER 3 WEEKS I'D SAY I'M ABOUT 80% BACK TO NORMAL.

THE BEST PART ABOUT THE WHOLE THING IS TONIGHT I WAS ABLE TO PUT IN 2 20 MINUTES MOTO'S AT AN INDOOR MOTOCROSS TRACK WERE THERE IS A RACE THIS WEEKEND AND I HAD NO NUMBNESS OR TINGLING. AWESOME.

JUST LET IT HEAL AND LISTEN TO THE DOC AND EVERTHING WILL BE GREAT.

Top Bottom