OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
I just bought a used 2004 Husky Boy Pro Senior 50.
I don't think the clutch is operating quite right, seems to engage to soon. The guy I got it from said that the local dealer had just put a new clutch in it. I called said dealer and they told me that the clutch is automatic and has no adjustment. I don't think they know what they're talking about because there is an access hole labeled "Clutch Trim" that has a set of three allen head screws alternated with three slot head screws labeled "A" thru "C" which have detent adjustment positions. The motor is a liquid cooled Molini which I heard is the same as the one on the KTM. Anybody know the scoop on these, or perhaps where I could locate a shop manual for this bike?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Actually you have a Morini S6C motor. The ktm is a Beta designed motor. The Cobra P3 uses a morini motor as does the LEM, Conti and Factory bike. You need the jig to set the clutch up correctly but roughly you turn the screws in clockwise to make it hit harder. go too far and it will bounce and overheat. You really want the EZ2N clutch or the 06 Cobra P3 clutch as the stock clutch sucks.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Jasle said:
You really want the EZ2N clutch or the 06 Cobra P3 clutch as the stock clutch sucks.
Since I wrote the original post, I've done a lot of research and come to the conclusion that the Tomar clutch may be the best clutch available, but it's kinda pricey for our needs.
Is that the stock clutch for the '06 P3? Doesn't it require a spacer the side case?
I'm pretty concerned about cost because I don't want to exceed the value of the bike (2002 Husky Boy). I just bought it for $600 and a $450 clutch might have me starting out in the hole. After all these minis are all destined for quick resale.
I'm thinking EZ2N as well, but I've gotten mixed reviews on those. How much dough am I looking at for the complete clutch, and where can I find one?
I imagine an '06 P3 clutch is better. How much are they?
What are some other options?

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I wouldn't invest in the Holeshot clutch unless you are planning to keep the bike for a while. You might be able to send the clutch to a Husky, LEM, or Cobra Dealer who has the proper jig to set the clutch up right. It is easy to get that style clutch out of adjustment. We have one in our Cobra PW3 but I have not messed with it.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
the "holeshot" clutch is just a dominator copy with better friction discs. The cobra clutch, and EZ2N will fit inside your stock cover without spacers and rear brake lever bending to get it to fit...unlike the dominator or holeshot clutch.
The complete 06 cobra clutch is $198.88, just drop it in and ride. For a set of new springs and shoes for your old clutch its $85 and then you'd have to send it in to have it set up. The setup jig costs $121. or a complete old style clutch ready to drop in is $159

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Jasle said:
The cobra clutch, and EZ2N will fit inside your stock cover without spacers and rear brake lever bending to get it to fit...unlike the dominator or holeshot clutch.
The complete 06 cobra clutch is $198.88, just drop it in and ride.
Well shuckin's, I just ordered an EZ2N complete clutch and drum (the guy said I needed the drum too) for $261.
I bet the Cobra clutch would have been better and I wouldn't have needed the drum, right? Or did I even need one for the EZ2N? :think:

Anyhow, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure we'll be happy with what I got.

Oh, BTW...
Can I use the cup washers and shoes for the KTM on this clutch? (there's a dealer close by)

IRISHRPICK

Aug 7, 2009
Husky Boy

I just got my kid a 2002 husky boy SR 50, its liquid cooled.
The clutch issue is .....It grabs at a hi RPM and takes off way too fast...like crazy fast!.. I belive the past owner raced it..
its 2x faster than the kid next door's CR 50
SO
My friend just got his kid a 2000 KTM/Almost the same bike ?
he had the same issue, but he added extra springs?/ plates?to the clutch & now it will grab at a lower RPM
Problem Solved.
Can I do this to the husky boy ?
Who sells the parts/ new clutch to do this ?
The Husky dealer by my house knows nothing about this bike
can sombody recomend sombody to call ?

Thanks

Chris in NY

Top Bottom