Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
from cyclenewsonline

Reed Stays Put 6/15/2004

The following release is from Yamaha...

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to announce that Chad Reed has re-signed with the Yamaha Factory Motocross Race Team. Joining the Yamaha ranks three years ago, Chad Reed and Yamaha have produced a 125 Supercross Championship, a World Supercross Championship, and a 10 win Supercross season en route to the 2004 250cc AMA Supercross Championship.

"The contract extension was fairly simple. We wanted Chad Reed, his professionalism and talent, to further his career on Yamaha and Reed wanted to stay, win more races and championships with the same equipment and team,” explains Keith McCarty, Yamaha Racing Division Manager. “Reed loves racing and, at the core, is a motorcycle enthusiast. He’ll practice and test from morning to late afternoon, drive home and ride TTR90’s with his fiancé and friends until the sun sets. On the weekend, after interviews, autographs and the pit area is empty, Reed heads back to the Yamaha tractor-trailer to watch race videos. With fan-like enthusiasm, Chad repeatedly hits the rewind button, reviewing and learning about his bike, his competitors and the track.”

“We’ve won 20 Supercross races in the last two years and achieved a career milestone, the 250 Supercross Championship,” explains Chad Reed. “Obviously, I’m excited about continuing my career with Yamaha. Our bikes are unreal which gives me the confidence to ride at 100%. Plus, I’ve seen my ’05 Supercross bike already!”

Asked if he was happy with the contract extension Reed characteristically replied, “Yea, Definitely!”

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I also read that Chad gets to wear his own gear colors at 50% of the races.... instead of the traditional Yamaha blue/white race in and race out - cool stuff!! I bet Thor is pumped!

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
i think the completely new yz 250 is the reason he stayed.. with a potent motor and being way lighter i bet he is pumped to ride the new yz 250 in sx next year, im thinkin that was a main factor is his re signing

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
That's a good outcome for Yamaha, Reed....and the fans.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Can Can Kev said:
i think the completely new yz 250 is the reason he stayed.. with a potent motor and being way lighter i bet he is pumped to ride the new yz 250 in sx next year, im thinkin that was a main factor is his re signing
the 05 250 looks like it keeps the 04 motor. good thing, best 250 motor I've ever ridden.

Top Bottom