Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
When-May 17&18
Where-Chadwick, MO
Why-It is my birthday and I want to spend it riding with all my buds.
Who-Me, Blue Thunder, Big Lou and any of you that can make it.
What-What?

Let me know who can make it. As it get closer, I will post more details. Hope to see some of you there.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Yeehaw..look out Chadwick here we come...I will be in tow w/CRSwade and KCHusky for sure...we will have to alert WFOCrusty and Stewart Hall..they are the best Chadwick tour guides. Gonna be a fun one..to those nearby and far away, this place is awesome and should not be passed over. Lets show Jamie some love and make his b'day wish happen..and no, his wish isn't to see Lou do a naked run on the MXC down trail 101!!! :scream:

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
Maybe we could get Lou to replicate his world record holding helmet toss as performed at whiterock....he just loves rocky trailrides.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I recently heard that Chadwick was closed. Can't believe everything you hear. I am new to this sight and last rode Chadwick on a 76 Bultaco 350 in 1982 when I was a student at SMSU. I have a 88 Husky WRK 125 which sat for 12 years in near new condition. Last year I dusted it off as my kids and business took most of the time between. If Chadwicks happening I must return. The bike is now ready to go. Were it not for a dislocated shoulder last week, I too would be ready. Post some chadwick photos and the lowdown on it when you get back. I have 2 riding buddies and some youngsters who have never ridden off our private property. (Its 200 acres of woods.hills with a 20 acre lake). They want to see the world. I know Finger Lakes is open but that's too crowded. Where else in MO to go?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by Agent Orange
Maybe we could get Lou to replicate his world record holding helmet toss as performed at whiterock....he just loves rocky trailrides.

Snicker, snicker :p

Did he not get almost 90ft with a goggle tree mount on that toss? All I know is that we found the goggle tree the following day sprouting a pair of goggles.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Hey Coleman...Chadwick is a State Park and is open..there may be trails that get closed from time to time for maintenance but we have folks down there that ride it during the week and weekends..it is there and ready us!
Hope the shoulder heals quickly so you can join us for a ride...Finger Lakes...yuk!
Depending on where you live St.Joe State park south of St.Louis is a big riding area..might want to check it out also. Jason

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Big Blue Thunder!

Correction! Chadwick is a NATIONAL forest! And thanks to OMTRA and other riding groups the enviro freaks have decided to abandon Chadwick. It is ours as long as we take care of it (and vote for the right president!).

Jamie...happy b-day beforehand and be ready for a good ride. Make sure CR SWade brings a pillow. ;)

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I don't think I'll need the pillow, I'm hanging in there (pun intneded)! Doin' fine over here and should be ready to ride in a week. :)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread until now! :silly:

Myself, my dad, and David Dowdy will be there for sure. I'm working on getting Jay-R and Darby to come with us, as well as two others. I may just have to show you boys how slow a 426 can go. :eek:

:) :aj:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Cool deal Cal, not to worry about speed, Chadwick is an area for all skill levels and ability. Slow, fast, old and young..this place rocks..literally..soften up the clickers and you will have some serious fun on a 4stroke. If WFOCrusty leads a ride..expect to use 3-5th gears primarily and plan to go faster than you ever thought you needed to over rocks and nasties...Yeehaw!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Chadwick sounds alot like Turkey Bay (where we ride every weekend). Rocky, hilly, and technical, but open(2-4th gear trails). I run my compression clickers as soft as they will go!

I'm ready to ride!!! :aj:

BTW, I would like to see Lou do his helmet toss again. I missed out on the White rock ride and have only heard stories. ;)

Last edited:

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
I resemble that remark! :uh:

Cal...I am also trying to set up a ride at T-Bay, for Memorial Day weekend. I have a buddy that lives in Atlanta that is wanting to get together there again. We try to plan an annual ride there because it's right in between both of us. Anyway, if you're interested in hooking up with us, you're more than welcome (you too Jason...and any other dirt dogs from KC :eek: ).

T-Bay is a smooth, fast ride and I like being able to play in the lake when it's hot. But, I dont feel at home until I get on the north side where that rock mountain is!!! Yeehaa, that is nasty stuff! My buddy from Atlanta took his new CR500 down there a couple of years ago and wadded it on that hill. New plastic wasted, new pipe wasted, bars tweaked, leg tweaked, rode for another 15 minutes and then sat it out the remainder of the weekend. :|

Lou had better bring several sets of goggles!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yeehaaaw!!!

You better believe I'll be there! (As long as the 426 and I survive Chadwick) I've been trying to get the KC crew to come out here for a while now. If you guys need a place to stay, we've got one extra bed and lots of floor space. I live about 35 minutes from Turkey Bay.

I'll let you stay at our house for one small price...you let me ride that beast of a KTM. ;) I've been wanting to try out a RFS for a while now, but there aren't very many around here.

Let me know the details of when you guys are coming. :aj:

knobby hob

Apr 7, 2002
Was there a time when Chadwick was closed? I almost fell out of my seat and sold my bike. I`ve only been riding there for about 4 years now and its my favorite. I cant imagine MO. riding without it. With the new camp ground addition and arrosion prevention measures I think and hope it`ll be there for us for a long long time!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well, I guess I'll pipe up in here as well. Count TTRGuy and me in. We'll be there Friday and Saturday night.

Turkey Bay is on my list of places to check out too (thanks to CAL). :)

So, is this the group?

Thunder33
Blue Thunder
Big Lou
Agent Orange
CR Swade
wfocrusty
CAL
CAL’s Dad
David Dowdy
TTRGuy
gospeedracer
sfc crash

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Look forward to seeing you and TTRGuy again! We will be there bright and early Saturday morning. E-mail me if you need directions or anything.

As far as everyone that is going, it looks like it will be that list plus KCHusky and KDX220rm. Also I have three friends from Liberty, Mo that are coming. They are hardcore Chadwick riders and we probably won't see much of them because they don't slow down for anybody!

I got the Hurricane all shined up and ready to cut some mantle. I have heard that you do not want to be behing me down there, which is nice since I will probably be the slowest one in the group!

It looks like we will be congregating in the Cobb Ridge area. I like to park as far to the back as possible to avoid the scurge of parking lot racers.

I am so jazzed! I get to see Star Wars II on Thursday, go to Worlds of Fun (and get free food/beer) on Friday, and ride Chadwick on Saturday. What a week!

Last edited:
Top Bottom