changed throttle cable now problems!!

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
2004 CRF50...replaced the throttle cable. Having trouble with the end that connects to the carb slide/needle. When I re-attached the cable to the slide it seems like the spring in there is not sitting properly. I put back together and the bike idles very high with choke off. I checked the float and seems fine. I think there is a problem with the way the cable is connecting to the slide. I doens't seem like the slide is able to go to the bottom of the carb.

Is there a trick to connecting the cable properly?? It seems like the spring is all bunched up.

thanks, Mike

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Turn the slide so that the ramped groove in the side lines up with the idle adjustment screw? This happens a lot so don't discount it. Usually it ends up binding and causing a stiff throttle and high idle.

Adjust the cable for proper slack?

Take it apart and reassemble if you are thinking it's not going to geter properly.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
Patman thanks. I think I will try to connect the cable at the carb first, then the throttle tube. Opposite of the way I did it last night. This should give me more slack at the slide so I can make sure it is in there right.

Top Bottom