motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
Well, although it was a little rough, I had a great time out at Deseret Peak yesterday. I took my 8 and 7 yo with me and they enjoyed the kids track except when the sprinkler from h*** turned on - those things have some MAJOR range - we got soaked standing about 150ft away.

Anyway, the main track has undergone some significant changes - mostly removing the dificult obstacles. No more triples. After the main table and the little jump after they removed everything between them and the stepup in the corner.

Overall, I liked it and had fun (first time there in a long while). The one step up with the drop needs some serious lip help - there is none) and the back side sequence of doubles and kickers need maintenance as well - a lot of pot holes and excess sand.

I really like the facility. With the kids track, playground and bathrooms it makes it far more family friendly than most around. If it wasn't so ffar from utah valley...

GL

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
I like the facilities of Tooele but I dispise the layout of the track. Very difficult to maintain any real speed or rythym. Seems more like an obstacle course than race track and the grooming is pitiful. I stopped going there last year but if the changes are significant, I might have to give it another try this week.
Cyrus

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
The way they now have the big table->small jump->step up is high speed. I also like the section that is on the southwest side that goes double->kicker->table->small double. It felt pretty good. I agree that the grooming is pretty bad. They only seem to groom it before races. Of course, that is generally true of any track in the area.

Overall, I like sections of the track but, as a whole I am not sold. The only track in Utah that I like completly is Delta.

GL

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
Have you riden Price this year? Completly different than last year, fast and fun. A little more technical than Delta and not quite as fast, but I agree, Delta is the best in the state. Having said that, the new track in Monticello looks really good. It was designed by dirt wurks and I think the site is www.bullhollowraceway.com I need to make it down there and give it a try.
Cyrus

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
So, what are the technical aspects of Price now? It's only about an hour away from me (Spanish Fork) so, I should get over there - I need to anyway to get some more recent photographs.

I have heard about Bull Hollow but have not ventured that for south this year. I need to go check it out. Dirt Wurks surly know how to layout a track, the question is does it get groomed...

GL

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
While I wouldn't call it a technical track, it is more so than Delta. There are a couple jump combinations allowing for different lines, a double right out of a corner (a little bigger than the last double they removed from Jordan River) a few of the corners they have made slightly off camber and then that down hill leap. I suck a hicky on my seat every time I crest the top of that thing. Looks like I'm going to land on the chevron station across the freeway.
It is more challenging than J.R. and Delta without being difficult and frustrating like Tooele (for me anyway, I'm not all that impressive on any track except to my 4y.o. boy). For some reason they left Price out of the USRA MX series this year, anybody know why?

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
I had heard that last year they had some problems with water and such so, USRA didn't want to mess with it.

I would like to check it out. Let me know when you are going down and maybe we can hook up.

GL

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
I am heading down to either Delta or Price for an afternoon next week. Probably Tue or Wed. Let me know if you want to meet there.
Cyrus

Top Bottom