2 B

Aug 31, 2000
Has anybody tried the cheap 2 stroke pre mix oil. For example Pennzoil etc,etc. Sure is alot cheaper than others. I can buy a case of the cheap for every 1 gallon of good expensive stuff.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
A very reasonable price full synthetic two stroke oil is Mobil-1 MX2T for 3.49 a pint. I switched from Yamalube 2R to MX2T. You can get it from Auto Zone.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
when it comes to oils I think you get what you pay for. The MX2T is great oil at a great price, easy to get when shops are closed too. I run SuperM but purely because the previous owner ran it. I always ran Mobil in the past.

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
This is another subject that has drawn tons of opinions and a little science to the table.

The question was has anyone tried the cheap 2 stroke oils? I have been running injex for a long time and find it works very well. I believe that a synthetic oil will have less wear on a piston and rings than a mineral base. I dont think that there would be much of a differnce in bearing wear between the oils though.

I believe that the ratio you use will also determine how well your piston and rings will wear. I run 24/1 and find that I get great wear out of my top ends and better ring seal. If you take the time to jet properly you will have no fouling or spooge probs.

Injex is available at any phillips 66 station, it has been a favorite of snomobilers for years. Run what you feel comfortable with, I do.

Last edited:

yamaha1

Feb 2, 2001
Rocky Mountain sells quarts of Yamalube 2R for only $5.69 and it is less if you buy the value pack or a case. Tough to beat that price. Whether 2R is as good as MX2T or not I don't know, but I have had good luck with it.

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
I think that the shipping cost for the oil is excessive though, I tried to order a bunch of yamalube a few years ago and the shipping was half as much as the oil.

I know alot of guys run 40 or 50 to 1, but I would rather run 24/1 with cheaper oil than run half the ratio of more expesive oil. Personally I would run a full synthetic at 24/1 but I cant afford that.

2 B

Aug 31, 2000
Wolf

What is in Fox Valley this weekend? I don't know if they will have a race. I have had 3.5 inches of ran in the last 2 days. Al you see is water,water everywhere.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I bought some "Warren" Semi synthetic 2smoke oil at the gas station. It says its for off road motorcycles, chainsaws, snowmobiles... I havent run it in my bike yet, and dont intend to.

Jul 12, 2000
I have been using the Pennzoil dino-oil TCW-III stuff for quite a while with excellent low-wear results. I have been mixing it at 30:1 in my YZ and in the injector setup on my NSR for a few thousand miles. The stuff works, but the carbon buildup in the pipes can get really bad if you do not jet clean enough for the pipe to get hot and burn it out.

I also just noticed that they have recently released a semi- and fully-synthetic TCW-III oil from Pennzoil. I would like to try the synthetic and see if it works any better. I have seen this stuff at Walmart for $20/gallon.

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
geremacheks:

You are ingnorant to think that expensive oils are the only ones that work for high performance 2 stroke engines.

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Wolf----The other boards took me in like a homeless old man. DRN would not let me come in with a free internet service and a Yahoo address. You know, it's the RULES.......So here I am paying monthly fees to be here. (Not complaining, but it's definitely not free as some people think....Actually I have been a registered member for years. They keep registering all the names I had to use to subscribe, but they never let me in because of the Yahoo address. I guess it's just a good way to pad the membership. That's why there is an S after my name.)

Still having a blast on EXC 200.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Reynome, Are you aware that Phillips makes a product called Injex Pro? It has an additive package with a low ash chemistry which would better suit a bike application from a cleanliness and protection stand point. I believe it is around the same price as Injex. Either way MX2T is hard to beat at 3.50 a pint. This price is only 50 cents more than Injex in my area and MX2T is a better product for a bike application IMO.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I ran MX2T at 32:1 in my 200 mxc with good results. 40-50:1 should be ok for low speed woods riding, although I would probaly go no less than 40:1.

Top Bottom