Under Shirt or Over Shirt Chest Protectors

• Under Shirt

Votes: 83 25.7%
  • Over Shirt

Votes: 240 74.3%

• Total voters

89RM

Jun 22, 2008
I didn't start wearing one till i made the transition from four wheels to two. I have a thor quadrant(i think) it already saved my back once. Its cheap insurance to maybe save yourself from cracked ribs

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
I wonder if Victorias Secret could make one for us gals???? :laugh: Light weight,sexy but protective of the goods if ya know what I mean. Then why hide such a nice outfit under the shirt ..... :rotfl:

SAPPER

Nov 30, 2008
I like mine under. Some one said a few back due to mud. I grew up in muddy areas so the jersey is easily changable vs. cleaning a CP between heats.

Also, my son wears the new RXR. Awesome unit. It saved him many times and he loves it. he wears his outside cause his EVS Evo neck collar pops into it. So it all comes off in one shot. If I get more serious in racing, I'll invest in one. They are nice. But for racing only. They will build up a sweat. but for 5-7 laps, who cares!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I wear a t-shirt, protector, then jersey for mx. The jersey over the cp keeps it from sliding up when I hit the ground

russdaddy

Jul 23, 2007
i like to wear a wife beater,then a jersey,then chest protector,i just got a new Thor force i believe its called and its nice and comfy for over the shirt use and the front and back panels are adjustable.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
I wear my cp over, i always have and i do not know why... But it does seem in the trails that twigs and such snatch on to my jersey so i think wearing the chest protector over helps.

sx2504life

Sep 30, 2009
i have a under with shoulder caps and elbows and back and chest and a kidneybelt and omfg its hot with it on in the middle of summer u can only ride for a few hours at a time if your lucky even with drinking heaps u just loose too much fluid

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Chest protector? Wimps. Now if I was jousting?

For some reason the single track trails I ride seems to like to think that we indeed are jousting! I have experienced too many 2" thick face/body slappers that like to freshly hang out on the backside of fast, sweeping corners and like to meet my body at a good 30+ mph for me to not wear a chest protector. It feels like a tunnel of baseball bats!

Plus, to be honest, I seem to have a hard time keeping it on two wheels and the continuous impacts I experience being spread out over a larger surface area rather than directly on the back/sternum/ribs is a welcome thing!

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Stupid 450f's roost. Over chest protector now! Vintage Bob

That's it! Last week or so ago I was at Dutch and the fast guys (my buddy), even with an under, got some nice welts from the rocks. Not a pretty sight even on a dude :nener:

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
I personally use hockey gear and duct tape pillows and sponges to my elbows and knees. ;) Then I have one of those goofy helmets they have on NItro Circus and swimming goggles to protect my eyes. Haven't broken a bone yet!! :nener:

C

Crf 230

Over. Under is uncomfortable with most chest protectors i have a thor metal and plastic one and u have to adjust while riding unless u wear a long sleeve under ur jersey, then chest protector, then jersey. Pain in the ass. Over.

Top Bottom