Under Shirt or Over Shirt Chest Protectors

• Under Shirt

Votes: 83 25.7%
  • Over Shirt

Votes: 240 74.3%

• Total voters

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I'm wondering if you guys prefer under shirt or over shirt chst protectors?

I'm thinking of buying a new one and I'n not sure if I want to go under shirt or not.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I have an over the shirt Fox Airframe and love it. I ride in the bush and find the chest protector over the jersey protects me and my jersey from branches.

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
Over. I don't know why I like it that way just have always worn it that way, and din't feel as comfortable with it under the jersey.:)

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Im a fan of the hard plastic chest protectors, vice the soft foam roost guards so I go with it outside the jersey. I dont think the plastic ones would be very comfortable under the jersey. I am currently running a fox airframe and it is great, very comfortable and once you are used to it you dont even know its there, until it helps you out in a crash or during a stone spray sandwhich!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I dont think the plastic ones would be very comfortable under the jersey.
of course you'll need some tape.. or bandaids :whoa:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I have both. Actually I sweat more with the under jersey roost guard. I wear a t-shirt underneath it. I recently started using my regular CP again.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I dont like wearing one underneath because it uncomfterable to me.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
rickyd said:
I have both. Actually I sweat more with the under jersey roost guard.

That's what I figured - I can't really see wearing a t-shirt, under jersey protector and long sleeve jersey when its 95 Degrees in July.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Okiewan said:
of course you'll need some tape.. or bandaids :whoa:

Yeah that or a t-shirt to protect the nips :cool: , either way I dont see it being very comfortable and the extra layers in the summer cant be very cool.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Scott Summers wore shirt...protector...jersey. Tight humid woods, 95 degrees, 300+ lb motorcycle. Stud muffin.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I wear mine on the outside. My son wears a jersey with chest protector over it and a larger jersey over the chest protector. He don't like the way mud cakes up on the chest protector it shed's of the jersey pretty well.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
JST122 said:
Yeah that or a t-shirt to protect the nips :cool: , either way I dont see it being very comfortable and the extra layers in the summer cant be very cool.

Get some UnderArmor heat gear and you will be set. It works much better than t-shirts and keeps the ronies from being rubbed raw...

Charlie Mix

Feb 7, 2007
Dress it under the shirt made it less prone to snag in somethings in case of contact with other bikes/guys, so is less dangerous.
In FMI (italian) rules is mandatory.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Over the jersey full coverage hard impact "spreading" ( sorry can't think of the exact word for this at the moment) and padded plastic!

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Another advantage of the over the jersey setup is that it protects your jersey when you're sliding on your back down the side of a mountain.

Top Bottom