Chinese dirt bikes - ever worth it?

jtnkkm

Oct 22, 2017
So I know they're crappy and you should stay away from them. But I think there might be a few good ones out there. I only say this because I have a low budget and I can't spend a lot of money?

Anyone know or have experience with a Chinese dirt bike that's worth it? I keep seeing reviews where they seem honest, but they have an overall positive opinion. And I'm not really sure who to believe

I have a budget of between $1000 and $1500, and I'd like to spend that on a dirt bike. It's not a lot, which is why I'm considering cheap options

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You be WAY ahead of the game if you looked for a good used bike by any of the major brands. 1500 can get you something decent. If it were me, I'd take a 10 year-old bike in decent shape over 3 new China toys.

CRYZRMSXGUY

Mar 1, 2018
I’ve had both and I’m also a Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki certified tech.
If you are ready to buy a knockoff bike be prepared to replace the levers, shift lever, muffler, handlebars, chain and tires. There are other things as well that suck like the rubber quality of grips and hoses, electrical issues Plague these machines as well. I have one that I used a ton of Honda parts on it to make it a better bike but in the end it wasn’t worth my time or money. I I recently purchased a PW 50 for my seven year old son for Christmas for $600 and he quickly out grew it so I answered a Craigslist add and traded straight across for a TTR90.

Wheel and deal for major brands is the way to go for beginner riders.

Top Bottom