rm1125er01

Jun 16, 2010
So I'm finally putting my bike back together and bent the crap out of a circlip... My questions are..
1) where can I buy more clips, any parts store or do I have to order from weisco??

2) any tips on how to install WITHOUT bending them would be greatly appreciated

THANK YOU
this site has been equally helpful if not more than the shop manual

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I set the bottom half in place using needle nose pliars. Then, holding it there with my thumb. then using an awl, get underneath it and pop it in.

rm1125er01

Jun 16, 2010
Do you think there would be a problem using oem circlips instead of wiseco clips?? My local Suzuki shop has a couple an I don't really want to wait for shipping lol

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
My guess is the OEM circlips would work fine with the Wiseco piston.

I'd pick up two Suzuki clips and compare closely to the remaining Wiseco circlip.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I start half the clip in, and follow it the rest of the way around, with my finger nail. The opening should be at 6 or 12 o clock. Best of luck with the oem parts in the Wiseco piston. Unless you have the old ribbon clips, yuck. Vintage Bob

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
To make it easier - put one clip in while the piston is on the workbench. Put the other in when it's on the rod. I use the half in one side then a small awl to ease the other side in then a small side to side twirl to make sure it's grooved. Opening top or bottom? I'm superstitious, it has to be on the bottom :yikes:

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Uchytil said:
To make it easier - put one clip in while the piston is on the workbench. Put the other in when it's on the rod. I use the half in one side then a small awl to ease the other side in then a small side to side twirl to make sure it's grooved. Opening top or bottom? I'm superstitious, it has to be on the bottom :yikes:

I agree with everything said here, especially the superstitions! I'm a creature of habit, and it has to be the same every single time...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I like the natural guy instinct install to put the opening at 3 or 9. Great catastrophic pics will follow! IMO, there are more: quicker, cheaper and "I know" guys, than, "I do not know", "I pay for what I get", and it is what it is, "I will get better at it with time and practice".

scottiedawg66

Sep 26, 2006
i usually cover up my cases with tin foil or a rag in case I drop a circlip. just a tip, you would hate to drop one into your bottom and and have to split cases just to get a damn circlip out!

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
It would be nice to see a real circlip in there, the kind that a simple tool could remove and install but that would take all of the fun :bang: out of it...

I have learned as much about patience from working on 4strokes as i have raising teenagers, my problem is i have a short memory!

Top Bottom