tukn22z

Sep 8, 2008
Hey guys! I have a 2007 ktm 200xcw, and broke the clutch "hose" right where it joins onto the clutch resevoir. My question is, is it repairable, or must it be replaced? I'm assuming it needs replacement, and if so, is it a dealer job, or can I fix it myself? I'm unsure because I'm a streetbike guy, and just bought this toy. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
is that part stuck in the resivior or can you get it out? but a new line and see. worst that gonn happen if you buy the part and you cant do it. give the part to the dealer and bring the bike down and they will do it. get a good manual. for both of my bikes i use clymer. there are a few other ones that other members on here use. any good manual will have pictures of the part if not they have detailed drawings. it will walk you threw the steps of whatever you need to do. you can do anything on the bike yourself you just need the know how and the tools. plus if you do it yourself you know if was done correctly.
P.S. make sure you know the routing of the cable what you put the new one in. go the same exact route.

tukn22z

Sep 8, 2008
I already ordered the cable, and should get it tomorrow. I have all the tools to do it, besides the bleeder syringe, as the book recommends. I'm taking out the original hose now, and will re-route it the same way. Thanks for your help!

If anyone else has done this, please feel free to chime in! :)

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
i know for brakes you can bleed them just by opening the screw i forget what its called it has a name and then you make sure you have plenty of brake fluid and keep pumping the brakes. they recommend a special bleeding tool but you dont need it for the brakes. im not sure though if you need it for the clutch. you might be able to get away with out it, im not sure. anyway good luck. i also ride a streetbike, a 94 zx-9r. and your welcome any time.

Top Bottom