JulianC

Aug 13, 2004
Ive noticed for about the past month or so that my clutch isnt engagaing properly and as a result iam getting clutch drag. (when i put it in firt with clutch all the way in it wants to move or stall and clutch is adjusted all the way)

I've spoken to some shops here is oz and they tell me they believe it is the friction plates. Now here is my problem i can pay Aus$198 for them or i found a place that sells them for $69.(both are after market)

As you can see a big differents in price this has cause me to question the qaulity difference. In you own experiance have you found its worth paying the extra or all they all pritty much the same?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Get in there and check everything over before you buy anything. Sounds like a notched basket to me. Good luck, YZ165

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
YZ165 said:
Get in there and check everything over before you buy anything. Sounds like a notched basket to me. Good luck, YZ165

Definately take it apart, does sound like the basket is notched..

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
when you say the clutch is adjusted all the way, do you mean there is no more room for adjustment left. Your clutch cable could be stretched and you may need a new one. My bike was doing the same thing and i got a new cable and inspected the plates and basket but they were fine. Soon as the new cable was in and adjusted properly the drag went away. Hope this helps

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Very posible.

JulianC

Aug 13, 2004
I am out near castle hill UTS. Thanx for the advie guys and i hope its just the fibres as if i need a new basket i will have an empty wallet.

crazyYZ

Oct 3, 2004
JulianC said:
I am out near castle hill UTS. Thanx for the advie guys and i hope its just the fibres as if i need a new basket i will have an empty wallet.
Hopefully i dont bring you down on this but it probably is the clutch basket, this is the problem that im having right now. All of my local motocross shops told me that it is the basket and i also posted a thread on this site all about it. Ive got a Hinson Clutch Basket coming in tomorrow ($230) so ill tell you how it goes and whether it solves the problem or not.

Top Bottom