Tbuzzy

May 30, 2016
Ok I have a 2007 yz250f and every time I ride it for a while I'll come back and coolant will drip out of the overflow. Every other forum really hasn't helped me with this so i'm hoping this one will. The bike runs fine and isn't overheating it just keeps dripping coolant out of the overflow every time I ride it. I tried replacing the radiator cap and that didn't work. My oil does look a little milky, but someone told me that could be because I just put fresh clutch plates in it. I really want to know how to fix this so I can get out and ride. Thanks for the reply's.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
How much is it dripping?
Can you rig up a catch cup so you can tell how much ?
Does it continue to drip the same amount after a few rides?

Tbuzzy

May 30, 2016
How much is it dripping?
Can you rig up a catch cup so you can tell how much ?
Does it continue to drip the same amount after a few rides?
It will basically drip every time I get off of the bike and it will drop to the point to where the coolant doesn't even cover the fins.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A blown head gasket will leak compression pressure into the cooling system and over pressurize it. So yes this is a potentially serious problem, but one that is easy to check. You can connect a radiator pressure tester to the radiator in place of the cap with the engine running. If the pressure climbs then there is a good chance the head gasket is leaking.

Head gasket leaks are fairly common if the head has been removed and the original head bolts are reused.

Top Bottom