BamaCR250

Feb 15, 2005
Hello All,

As the title suggests, I'm the new owner of a 1999 CR250. The bike is in great shape and I want to keep it that way. Where is the best place to find a service manual for this bike? Are there any coatings that can be applied to the plastics to make future cleaning easier? TIA for your advice.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Honda service manuals are printed by www.helminc.com order online or give them a call. You can find the 800 number at their webpage.

Congrats on the bike - with proper setup (especially to the suspension) its a very good bike, IMO.

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
Had one of those bikes. It is a great machine with a even better power band. The power starts at the very bottom. Grats on the sled!

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I use Mop-n-Glo on the plastics to keep them shiny and help keep mud from sticking. Also WD-40 on the inner fenders keeps mud from caking up. I love the powerband on mine. Another good source of parts and manuals is the E*** auction site. There is a ton of stuff on there for the older cr's.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I use either Mud-Off or Armor All on my plastics, seems to work a bit better than WD40 at keeping mud from sticking and makes it easier to clean. I use duralube or WD40 on all metal parts save brake rotors. I do not use anything on the seat as it will get too slipery. Same for the grips.

good luck and enjoy the bike:)

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
I picked up an original Honda service manual for my CR250 that covers years 1992 to 1996 for only $3. (Plus shipping) on the auction site that I am not allowed to mention on here. This is by far the best service manual I have ever owned for a dirt bike. It even goes as far to give good jetting graphs and helps explain the effects of weather and humidity on jetting.

Top Bottom