Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Anybody have 2000-2003 CR125 that they have installed a Motion Pro T2 clutch cable on (PN 02-399)? I picked one up for my son's bike and the cable is as long as the stretched out stocker but the housing in 1/2" SHORTER when fully extended.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well I'm TOTALLY suprised that nobody has experienced this problem. Why? Because I contacted Motion Pro and as it turns out the cable IS incorrect! Yup the housing length is actually shorter than the OEM cable but the "free length" of the cable is the same as OEM. Thus you have the exact problem I had with there not being enough adjustment to take up the slack. Motio Pro being the top notch people they are will be making the correction to the part number but in the mean time will be making me a custom cable TODAY and shipping it out TODAY. Gota' give them two thumbs up for being very quick to react and provide a solution. So if you happen to get this specific cable be sure and check the housing length before purchase or at least confirm it is the new design to save some heart ache.

Top Bottom