CR250 Kick Start Lever Rebuild??? - Help Please

rikhek

Nov 3, 2004
The kick start lever on my 2000 CR250 is "floppy". The stay mechanism is worn or broken. Not sure if it's a spring loaded stay or ???? Is it rebuildable or repairable?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

rikhek

Nov 3, 2004
CR250 Kick Start Lever Repair/Rebuild??? - Help Please

The kick start lever on my 2000 CR250 is "floppy". The stay mechanism is worn or broken. Not sure if it's a spring loaded stay or ???? Is it rebuildable or repairable?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
hi- you can go to bike bandit ,or whittier funcenter ,and use the parts finder to look at the parts and how ther are assembled
but if your talking about where the lever and the bottom part swivel its probably worn out. it can be repaired at a machene shop but will probably cost more than a new kickstarter ,they all ware out and get loose at the joint there after time

chevyss_98

Feb 26, 2006
hey man, i got the EXACT same bike, and my kickstart scrapes my frame a bit, for you to tighten up the sloppyness, you may have to get a new lever, but it depends where its floppy

most likely you will have to do what i did, take the lever itself apart, theres an o-ring gasket, spring, and bearing ball inside the lever itself for when it getspulled out into position, this ball may be worn or spring may be broke, this can cause your kickstarter to be sloppy and throw the alignment WAYY off

in my case, the person before me took out the ball and shoved a couple of springs from fricken click-pen's inside,

all this cost me about 15 bucks or somethin, go to the dealer and they can show you the assembly and you can go from there, you may have to replace the whole assembly if parts are too warn, or possibly a bushing

give more details after you pull a few things apart, thnx

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
If it rubs the frame, you need a new one. Honda also only sells it as an assembly.

Been there, done that, bought a new one for my 2000.

Top Bottom