thejake456

Sep 24, 2007
ok, i just got my 85 cr250 running :nod: and am having a few problems with it. :|

first is that when you crank on the throttle, it sputters and like it bogs down a little bit to?

the second thing is that it smokes kind of alot. i dont know if the older bikes do smoke more than the newer ones but i know it isnt the rings cause i just had the jug off and the rigs and piston were fine.

any one know????

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
There are so many varibles...

The pipe could be full of spluge and smoking when hot, the right side crank seal could be bad and sucking transmission oil, your jetting could be way off, you could be running a crappy pre mix.

Rings on a 2 stroke have nothing to do with a smoking issue, they only seal the gases on the compression stroke for a powerful power stroke.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Because of the age of your bike it's also possible that the jetting is fine (or close) but the jet needle or throttle slide is worn. When I had this problem, I split the cases twice to replace clutch-side seal, completely rejetted bike and continued hit my head on the wall for about 6 months before I finally just replaced the needle and all was well. Boy was that frustrating.

Top Bottom