turboford500

Feb 7, 2009
hi guys im new here and had some questions. i recently bought a 92 cr500r off my friend. i really don't like the frame and suspension, but i love the motor. :) i guess my question is how hard is it to modify a newer cr250 frame to fit my cr500 motor? or would a crf450 frame be better for the conversion??? i am still saving my money to find a newer blown up cr250 but its hard when your a struggling college student. lol i am also from Oregon would it be practical for me to send the two bikes to a shop??? i have access to a pretty good machine shop (lathe, band saw, mig and tig welders, and a mill). thanks for your help.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
You might be on to something. That sounds a little crazy but it just might work :cool:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I'm right in the middle of a KX250/500 conversion. It's a very do-able thing. Especially with a Service Honda/Kawasaki pipe.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
RM85rider123 said:
there is a fmx jumper (forgot his name) that has a 500 engine in a cr250 frame for jumping. Crazy bike.
That would be most any of the guys that go long and that would be a Service Honda CR500AF. :)

Seth? Trigger Gumm? Capt. I wish I was as cool as my dad was Knievel?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Patman said:
That would be most any of the guys that go long and that would be a Service Honda CR500AF. :)

Seth? Trigger Gumm? Capt. I wish I was as cool as my dad was Knievel?

Don't forget Maddo.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
i have a regular cr500 ,and i want a aluminum 500 :| ,but i dont have the loot, there was a few alunm frames on eb@y a while back ,might be some still to convert,thats what service honda bikes are
i would recommend a dang good aluminum welder/person, though, i would not want to break a frame because of a crappy weld job :cool:

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
You could just try to make your own frame then I would give you mad props. lol those crf250 frames are sposed to be easy I got a buddy that put his 96 cr500 engine on a 06 frame. took him all winter but i dont think he was trying very hard.

Top Bottom