crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
i was wondering if the CR500AF is worth the $8000 price tag? i mean i love the stiffness of the aluminum frame on the 250 (not to mention it just flat out looks good). i have become very accustomed to the power of a 250 and someday i will probably want the 500. i know some of you guys have the AF's and what do you think of them? what do you like and what problems, if any, do you experience with them? thanks.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
yes it is well worth it IMHO,
but then I might be slightly biased. :D

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Crkid..
if the price tag on a new 02 is a bit to high..

we most always have a few used 00's or 01 AF's
for decent prices
that guys have traded in for an new one.
They hold there value well-
so dont expect cr250 pricing but they are less expensive than new AF's.

I have an 00 in my garage Id sell ;)

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Re: singletracker

Originally posted by crkid
that is one sweet looking bike, i wish i had something like that in my garage.

Thanbks crkid. It's a fun machine. Probably be even more fun if I learned how to ride it! :scream:

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
AJ

how much do think a 2000 would be? i went on the service honda site and it said they were all sold. right now this would be a ways down the road for me but for some reason i like the 2000-2001 models better anyways.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Hmm our site needs updated then Crkid..

we have 3 NEW 01's left..$7850

as well as 3 used 01's ( around $7200?)

I also have a used 00 model $6500 ( my bike, not service hondas)

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
how much.thats it! you didnt tell me id have to sell my house to buy a dirt bike."just take it home we'll bill you"aint that what you said.do you have any idea how much chrome i could buy for the harley with that kind of money....wait till i see you monday.to quote david"im gonna break your leg"

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
LOL Bill
you fell for that old " just take it home for a spin and we will work out a price later " :)

( for those who think this is serious..lol I am kidding)

but your kid David WAS going to break my leg..

lol i'll never forget that..

" i'm gonna break your leg "old" man"

and that moto at casey he was fLYING- !!
funny thing was first time during the moto i got a chance to stick a wheel in on him he grabbed a big handful on your CR500 and it spit him off to another planet ..LOL

Did his entree fee let me buy dinner on the way home or what? ;)

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
look its ajs front tire burrraaaapppp that 500 tossed him like a bean bag.he he he .gotta have respect for 500s.im the one always buyin your dinner except that 1 time when the atm ate yer card.bill you been dove hunting out there.

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
we have 3 NEW 01's left..$7850

drooooll!!:o
ooooohhh, the despair...:(
But does it HANDLE like my KX?:confused:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Originally posted by nephron

Nope, the AF is not like turning a truck :eek:
atleast my green 250 handles like a truck :think

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
now ive had kx 500s,cr500s,now a 500af.theyre all good.handling wise as far as mx the honda wins,engine wise give me the kx.the kx is as close to a maico as your gonna get.after you clean up the jetting.

Motomofo1

Jun 3, 2001
first off, let me say that ive never been a fan of hondas (except for the cr450, which makes me wanna dump my ktm thumper like a bag of dirt....) but i rode an AF last weekend for the first time, and it was awesome. sure, it scared the holy hell out of me, but it was a fun kinda scared, ya know?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by nephron

NAH, it handles more like my CR125 (with a JATO booster) :)

PsychoCR500

Aug 24, 2000
Well....

I got a 2002 over two weeks ago but still can't ride it because they haven't sent me the paperwork I need to get it registered! Kinda pissed with their service at this point! I also didn't get the skid plate I paid for either!! There was no jetting info sent with the bike so I hope they got it "close". As far as fit & finish it looks good but as an Engineer I question the use of solid billet aluminum that replaces a portion of the frame at the front motor mount. I am pretty sure the stock peice they replace is hollow and so I wonder what effects this will have on the rest of the frame structure and how it will change the handling. I'll be glad to tell you more once I can ride it......

crutch

Dec 8, 2001
you should contact greg foster about the paper work.skid plat wise no one is perfict. what we wher doing to the frames before wher bracking so this is how we fixed it. when you do get to ride it you will be very happy.

PsychoCR500

Aug 24, 2000
Crutch

I understand the not being perfect. One can only try to do the best they can. But, as a first time customer that lives 2500 miles away I think the sales people should be more aware of what's going on when someone forks out 9K for a dirt bike they don't get to see untill it drops off the truck at their front door. My bike would have been shipped to the wrong address if I hadn't called Yellow Freight the day before to verify the delivery time, I was never told that the title paperwork etc. was NOT coming with the bike and I also didn't know I wasn't getting a skid plate till I opened up the crate! So, I am just saying my experiance so far has been disapointing. I truly hope the bike runs and rides like I expect it to after all Service Honda is the only place to get the bike I have wanted for years!! :D

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
well alot of people think i work at service i dont.1 track owner thought i owned service honda(that was years ago)and believe me ive have been mad too.but theyll make it right.that i do know.its the one shop in MY area that cares more about racers than goldwing riders.although i do catch it when i pull up on my H-D

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
It's alway a little scary spending this much money for something you've only heard about. Especially when things get a bit messed up. But I can tell you this, in the end, Service Honda Will make everything right by you. And you'll be extremely happy with your new AF!

Top Bottom