singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by AJ Waggoner
Singletracker500 quote:

LOL thats right John..

thats why i have no problems letting anyone ride my bike..
;)

And I thought the reason you brought your bike all the way down to Ottawa, so I could take it for a ride was because you were such a nice guy!
:silly: No doubt about it though. Once I rode it, I knew I was going to have one! :)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
nephron,what is you need to know?hows your bike running is there a problem?
The KX engine has more potential stock though and if you jet it right it is awesome..it tends to come jetted a bit off and has more tendency to blubber around down low and midrange than the stock CR.

AJ, I just thought you were referring to a "known" relationship between exhaust powervalves & jetting sensitivity (or are you?)--was just wondering, from a very basic level, what the etiology is? You've got to realize you're talking to a guy that didn't know powervalves EXISTED until getting back into this stuff last year.:eek:

thorman75--not really having any problems. It's plenty for my fat ass.;) This ******* DOES seem jetting-sensitive, though. When I came to pick it up, I fired it up & it was clearly running rich as hell. I mentioned this to the mechanic, & he said something like "yeah, we mix our gas 'rich' here to...blaah...":silly:
:mad:

I took it home realizing it was me, or nobody. Let's just say that in this Kansas weather ("if ya don't like the weather, wait a few minutes"), my carb screws are getting pretty worn down from jetting changes. For instance, 2 days ago, there was ice on the ground. Yesterday, 70 degrees.

Hell, if a CR500 is easier to jet, I'll take one.:scream:

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
wooo hold on there partner.the kx is a great bike dont let anyone tell you any diffrence,i know ive owned 3 of them.92,98,99.the bike is jetted too rich on the bottom,at this elevation all i had to do was drop the needle 1 notch,viola,that was it.aj rode the bike said it was faster than a honda.i dont think so.ow well/install the pro circuit dog bones on the linkage,makes it turn,the footpeg mount(left side)pc foot pegs are nice.stock tires are junk,so is the chain.did ert o ring is the way to go.ive got my old 99 kx 500 in the garage now but the new owner wanted it set up to flat track.16 screws in his left shoulder.the bike was geared for around 90,started to high side and backed off,splat.but if you want a honda i know them too ,my new af is at the shop i personally envite you to ride it.the suspension is super stiff youll love it

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom