Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yes

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
cool. I assume they are a special size...not 7/8"...most web sites do not seem to differentiate. I'll try the Honda shop.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
OK. can't find any aftermarket grips anywhere. Tried online as well as the Honda dealer. Everyone telling me you can only replace with stock grips. I would appreciate it if anyone knows where you can actually purchase stock grips. thanks.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
njkx said:
Are there any aftermarket grips made for the stock handlebars?

njkx said:
OK. can't find any aftermarket grips anywhere. Tried online as well as the Honda dealer. Everyone telling me you can only replace with stock grips. I would appreciate it if anyone knows where you can actually purchase stock grips. thanks.
First decide if you want aftermarket or stock you seem to be bouncing around.

Next if stock then go to a Honda dealer, I bet most will not have them in stock but could order them. Or be smart and go to Service Honda's site and order them. I bet they actually have them in stock and can ship them.

Now if you want aftermarket grips for the stock bars then a simple Google search came back with http://www.412racing.com/Pages/Grips.html All sorts of pretty colors.

It's a freakin' toy does it really matter what grips are on it? If you need to have something "cooler" like a big bike set then you have to swap the bars & top clamp out.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
thanks. I now realize my last post was not written well. Not looking for "cool". I just don't want to purchase the stock because they make you buy the throttle tube with it, which results in spending $30 to replace grips.

the link you mention is fine. thank you.

Top Bottom