Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
Man for all of you that saw the race, you saw how much the CRF450 ripped! Heath Voss holeshot in his heat race, ended up 4th in heat. Almost had holeshot in main event but was like a second before everyone else into turn #2, then pulled off few laps to the end of the race in 6th place for unknown reason? Anyone hear why he pulled off?

Also even Davey Coombs thinks the rumors are true about RC switching to Honda! 2002 is Honda's comback year, I'm sure of it! Already stoked for 2002 SX season to start lol! :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Are you sure Ricky won't be riding Red for the Nationals? Davey seemed to think he would be signing the deal as early as tomorrow.... I'm pretty sure his contract is up with Kawi...

Yes, the Honda thumper was impressive... major holeshots.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
How did it do, compared to Doug Henry and the YZ a few years ago?

Did it look competitive?

Anyone there to see it "LIVE"?

Major roost?

What did it sound like?

Why did Voss pull out? Something break?

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
I saw the PPV and Yes it looked very competitive. Major roost? Yes. Holeshot? Yes. It souded similiar to a 426. I dont know too much about Voss, thought he was a outdooor guy but he looked good on the bike but faded after a few laps. There was no explanation as to why he pulled off. I think maybe he was just there for a PR debut on the bike and he is saving himself for the nationals next week.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I heard that Heath may have hurt his wrist a bit and that is why he pulled off.
Okie-RC will be on a KX for the Nats. typically motocross contracts are wote up to end somewhere between September and December. Remember from Lusk's year aboard Yamaha when he signed with Honda for the next year in June? I'd take Coombs as a very credible source for the RC rumors, he is very close to the Carmichaels.

theMotoMan

Jan 12, 2001
I'm not disputing when/how the switch is made from one factory ride to another, but it seems like it wouldn't be the best for relationships between the factory and the rider if there was a long time span between signing the contract and then switching. There also could be injuries and other factors that come into play in that time span. My 2 cents worth.

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
You're right about him saying he could be signing the deal as soon as tomorow (well that's today), but would that mean that the old contract were up or could he still sign a contract for an upcoming season before his ended? It just would seem strange to me that he'd switch to Honda with only a week to test before the MX Nats started, so I thought he'd stick with Kawasaki for the Outdoors.
Anyone know what RC's contract states?
Also anyone know how many years this supposed 6 million contract is for?

Another thing I forgot to mention about Voss, they said he had only a couple days to practice on the bike!

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
After winning the outdoors easily last year on his Kawasaki, Ricky would be foolish to switch bikes right before Nationals!!! He will ride through out the outdoor season before any moves are made to a different team. What about this theory though--What if McGrath and Carmicheal teamed up on Yamaha's next season out of the Team Mazda Yamaha semi trailer!!! Ricky and Jeremy have gotten to be pretty close friends this season and they are adding another rider to the team next year. How dominant would that team be!!! Just a thought.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
RC---Who cares!

Anyone who wears ORANGE KTM FOX GEAR would not have the color coordination to ride with HONDA RED. ;)

Any eye witness reports on the CRF450r. :)

backtoracin

Mar 5, 2001
How did it do, compared to Doug Henry and the YZ a few years ago?
Red always looks better than blue

Did it look competitive? Yes

Anyone there to see it "LIVE"? Yes

Major roost? Yes

What did it sound like? Loud, louder than the 426, and lower, really deep

Why did Voss pull out? Something break?:) His wrist or his arm got hurt.

Top Bottom