ttxr250

Feb 19, 2004
hey..

im looking for some pretty good places to ride in CT. I heard that Thomaston Damn is good, I heard of the place in Rocky Hill, and the place in Meriden. I do not have too much info on these places. If you have any info about these or any other places in CT to ride, post a message.

If anyone knows where Wilby High School is, go up to the third parking lot, go left to the upper lot, and there are some pretty nice trails up in there. The track is good too.

Also, around Watertown drive-in, there is a trail leading up to Black Rock. It is kind of flat, but there are a few hill climbs off to the side, and whoop sections..

So If anyone has any other places post a message. I NEED INFO ON THE PLACES I NAMED, AND ABOUT OTHER PLACES

Thanks!! :)

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
ttxr250 said:
hey..

im looking for some pretty good places to ride in CT. I heard that Thomaston Damn is good, I heard of the place in Rocky Hill, and the place in Meriden. I do not have too much info on these places. If you have any info about these or any other places in CT to ride, post a message.

If anyone knows where Wilby High School is, go up to the third parking lot, go left to the upper lot, and there are some pretty nice trails up in there. The track is good too.

Also, around Watertown drive-in, there is a trail leading up to Black Rock. It is kind of flat, but there are a few hill climbs off to the side, and whoop sections..

So If anyone has any other places post a message. I NEED INFO ON THE PLACES I NAMED, AND ABOUT OTHER PLACES

Thanks!! :)

WTBY CT here..Thomaston Dam is free.Great trails.
Rocky Hil is a great practice MX track..You can go there for $30 a day or get a membership...
I know where Wilby High is. that place isnt legal is it?
Also The Watertown Drive in is blocked now and i heard they cut down and had the DEP people up there to make sure no one is riding up there...

turbooutlaw

Apr 13, 2004
There is the Milford Riders Club. They have a track. I have never been there though so I don't know how good it is. I am in New Haven & am looking for some good places to ride also. Thomaston Dam is legal? I am tired of having to worry about getting busted. I just want to go somewhere where I can relax, ride, and enjoy myself (without having a cop waiting at the truck). Please keep me posted on any places you discover.

Thanks,
Jesse

ttxr250

Feb 19, 2004
Thomaston Dam is legal..they just want u to have your bike registered. Dont ask me why, they just want them to be. You dont have to be registered. No one really cares or they dont ask or check or anything like that.

Wilby is illegal. The police dont really seem to care though. They asked my friends how the riding was and they didnt bother them at all. Some police might let you and some might not. A lot of people ride there, and no one has really been bothered.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
turbooutlaw said:
There is the Milford Riders Club. They have a track. I have never been there though so I don't know how good it is. I am in New Haven & am looking for some good places to ride also. Thomaston Dam is legal? I am tired of having to worry about getting busted. I just want to go somewhere where I can relax, ride, and enjoy myself (without having a cop waiting at the truck). Please keep me posted on any places you discover.

Thanks,
Jesse

Yup Thomaston is free, legal and honestly i havent been resistered there and NO ONE has ever bothered me...They just dont want the "non trail" areas to be ripped up..So i respect that and for the most part everyone else does also...

pinkrosi`

Nov 23, 2014
If you want to ride at Brown Mountain, I can easily give you directions there. Just another idea is a place that is about 5 miles east of brown mountain on the same road (Brown Mountain beach RD) its called Mulberry trails I have heard its a nice place to ride. if you want to ride there sometime let us know

Top Bottom